Can I just pressure wash the undercarriage?

Jimmy_jak

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Sure its been asked but I cant find it. Is there any reason that I cant lightly pressure wash the underside of of the Jeep? I was at the dealer, they had it on a lift and were showing me that my Jeep is fine and the noise I hear is completely normal...sure...anyway, it was really dirty and grimy. Thought about just hitting it with a pressure washer. Any reason not to do this?

Advertisement

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2.0L
Sure its been asked but I cant find it. Is there any reason that I cant lightly pressure wash the underside of of the Jeep? I was at the dealer, they had it on a lift and were showing me that my Jeep is fine and the noise I hear is completely normal...sure...anyway, it was really dirty and grimy. Thought about just hitting it with a pressure washer. Any reason not to do this?
I did that to mine probably 50 times already, although I did not use super high pressure. Still runs beautifully and NO rust.

MORTON

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Most dealerships will wash it after service.

But, to your point, I spray my undercarriage after every beach run for about 20 mins and try to after any trail runs provided it’s not raining.

It’s a real PITA but I think it’s worth it.

OP
Jimmy_jak

Jimmy_jak

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
very nice fellas. looks like ill be washing my underbits this weekend....:)

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase

higbyz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0 Orange Crosstrek, 2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster custom ( RIP )

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3 / 2018 JLR (all manual, of course)
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I've had her nice & high up on jack stands & taken a simple garden hose with a jet nozzle & sprayed & scrub-brushed trail mix from the unders a few times. Full anal mode as @MORTON calls it.

Salt1972

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD + 2016 JKU
Blast away. No need to take it easy with the exception of the electrical box and alternator, but even those will tolerate a fair dose. You'll find a pressure washer will not remove as much as you might think. Use a good detergent and a handle brush and then rinse. I'm a clean FREAK and put all vehicles on a lift, remove wheels/tires, and pressure wash, brush, and mitt at least 2-3 times per year. My daughter's 2016 JKU was on a lift at the dealer last week and the tech asked how we found a brand new 2016 without any miles... it has 28k miles. It's just that clean.

Advertisement

ATO4x4

Advertisement