Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
  • Banned
So finally found a shop I want to work with, Bulletproof Offroad in Mesa, Az. After talking with Paul there we narrowed down to 3 lift kits on 21 JLUR 2.0 Turbo gas. Will be running 35's. Looking for good road drivability,

1. ICON 2.5 Stage 3
2. Mopar 2 inch w/Icon front adj track bar and Icon rear track bar
3. AEV 2.5 Dualsport RT

I am comfortable with the costs of these with AEV the least expensive but I am looking for quality and ability to go to 37" later down road if I want to.

AEV keeps standing out based off what I have read and I can't find a lot on Icon. This shop does mostly Jeeps and Toyota which is probably why Icon.

Been driving myself crazy with this so if we can stick to
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So finally found a shop I want to work with, Bulletproof Offroad in Mesa, Az. After talking with Paul there we narrowed down to 3 lift kits on 21 JLUR 2.0 Turbo gas. Will be running 35's. Looking for good road drivability,

1. ICON 2.5 Stage 3
3. AEV 2.5 Dualsport RT

I am comfortable with the costs of these with AEV the least expensive but I am looking for quality and ability to go to 37" later down road if I want to.

AEV keeps standing out based off what I have read and I can't find a lot on Icon. This shop does mostly Jeeps and Toyota which is probably why Icon.

I can only tell you about the Mopar 2.0 with Fox shocks. I did not do the Tracking bars. No plans on putting 37's.

My Dealership did my installs when Jeep came in. Wheels/Tires and lift.

Drove Jeep stock 2 weeks until wheels came in. Jeep drove great and smooth.

After Lift and wheels/tires the Jeep still drives straight and smooth just like stock. No pulling and no steering issues that I read about on forum.

The tech who did my installs is very good and takes his time and it was done right. The install tech has a lot to do with getting lift set up correctly.

Very pleased with the Mopar 2.0

20210319_105627.jpg

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I have the AEV dualsport w/ 37s. The Jeep rides great, really soaks up the bumps. I gained more than 2.5”. Closer to 3.5”. I added a front trackbar and mopar lift LCAs. My JLUR had very low caster from the factory. Other people have had better caster from the factory and did not require longer lca’s. My jeep pulls slightly to the right, but that was AFTER I had an alignment. Still working on that. I would imagine any issues I have are from install error (I did it myself). Overall I am happy with the lift.
Jeep Wrangler JL Can I get some feedback on these 3 Lifts please DC133F59-4ECE-4855-B6A2-71CB6716F36D

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
No experience with any on my JLUR, but I did run the AEV on my JKU and it was great. They are typically more then 2.5" as AEV customers usually are running more gear and weigh the Jeep down more so netting more than that is likely if you aren't running heavy gear in the rear.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
1. ICON 2.5 Stage 3
3. AEV 2.5 Dualsport RT
I have option 2 and I am extremely happy both on road and off road. I suggest you put on a small/light 37 instead of 35s with that lift. I think option 1 would be very comparable.

A few things to mention. I used Teraflex bump stops with extra extensions. They are much easier to install than the Mopar fronts and you can add bump stops in 1/2" increments without pulling the springs. For 37s I'm running 2.5" front and 3" rear.

I also used the AlloyUSA front spring perches to keep and my springs 100% vertical. Don't bother with the Mopar one. I tried and had to pull it off.

As far as front lower control arms, both the Mopar and Icon measure exactly the same 24 and 1/4" (I confirmed in writing with Icon). And that gave me 5.6 degrees of Camber, which is exactly what I wanted, without going through the hassle of adjustable control arms. A lot of folks here were adding crazy amounts of camber to compensate for the bad steering pump - I do not recommend doing that.

On my JKUR, I had your option 3 (AEV 2.5). I liked it, but fount the Bilstein valved a bit too harsh for off-road, and the relocation brackets got mangled and hung a few times, but overall a very good lift also.

The Icon track bars are super solid, easy to install (no grinding/cutting like many others), they are in vehicle adjustable, maintenance free, and no jam nuts.

Good luck with your decision. You have a good list. I think you can't go wrong with any of them, but I think you will be happier with #1 or #2 if you value off road performance and comfort. #3 is best for on road and a more sporty (harder, but not harsh) feel.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

1. ICON 2.5 Stage 3
3. AEV 2.5 Dualsport RT

I recommend RK 2.5 adventure series 1 as is or paired with Fox 2.0s .

That said here’s something to think about with # 2 and # 3 options. To do it right, and to get the best out of them you’ll need to purchase additional parts. With the aev you should get an adj front truck bar, and IMO, adj lcas and ditch the geo brackets. With the Mopar you should get front adj track bar , rear track bar relo bracket, front rk spring isolators, and front adj lcas. The icon is the only one that’s a complete kit. My✌ cents.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Will a 37" flex adequately with the RK 2.5 Adventure series?
Sport and Sahara will have to trim the fenders, rubicon, no problem, with the recommended bumps. The OP said he’s doing 35s, and he has a Rubi, he shouldn’t have any trouble.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I also put on the AEV and front and rear adjustable track bars. @Roky helped me figure out my alignment issue (rear axle not centered) and now it handles extremely well, and I’m very happy with it. I think the drop brackets are only an issue if you’re going over rocks, yes I’ve hit them. I also think you have to consider what is most important - on road handling or off road capability. I don’t believe an adjustable LCA will maintain factory road performance in the same way. You also probably know it comes with a programmer to adjust tire size and TPMS settings which are probably not included in other kits.

All that being said, and at the risk of sounding like a Roky fanboy, he seems to know his $hit so I t’s probably worth looking into the RK stuff.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I also put on the AEV and front and rear adjustable track bars. @Roky helped me figure out my alignment issue (rear axle not centered) and now it handles extremely well, and I’m very happy with it. I think the drop brackets are only an issue if you’re going over rocks, yes I’ve hit them. I also think you have to consider what is most important - on road handling or off road capability. I don’t believe an adjustable LCA will maintain factory road performance in the same way. You also probably know it comes with a programmer to adjust tire size and TPMS settings which are probably not included in other kits.

All that being said, and at the risk of sounding like a Roky fanboy, he seems to know his $hit so I t’s probably worth looking into the RK stuff.
$hit and Jelly!!! :like: :swear:

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimted Sport
I know its not on your list but i have a MC 2.5" with 35's and Rocksports and drive 45 miles daily for work. It handles great on the road and will allow you to run 37's in the future.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I also think you have to consider what is most important - on road handling or off road capability. I don’t believe an adjustable LCA will maintain factory road performance in the same way.
Being able to fine tune geometry is most definitely a benefit shared by on and off road use. Also, the higher quality bushings and the stronger arms construction will certainly be an advantage across the entire scope of use. Although different, the forces generated by both on and off road use are just as great.

at the risk of sounding like a Roky fanboy
😆
Jeep Wrangler JL Can I get some feedback on these 3 Lifts please brown-nosing-1

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I have the AEV dualsport w/ 37s. The Jeep rides great, really soaks up the bumps. I gained more than 2.5”. Closer to 3.5”. I added a front trackbar and mopar lift LCAs. My JLUR had very low caster from the factory. Other people have had better caster from the factory and did not require longer lca’s. My jeep pulls slightly to the right, but that was AFTER I had an alignment. Still working on that. I would imagine any issues I have are from install error (I did it myself). Overall I am happy with the lift.
DC133F59-4ECE-4855-B6A2-71CB6716F36D.jpeg
Can concur with everything here. I have the same lift. You did nothing wrong, I am 100% aligned and pull to the right. It's not the lift, it's the shitty steering box.

I also have a sting-gray jeep, so we're basically twins, but I have AEV Salta JK wheels.

I also have the LOD steel front and rear bumpers. Still have enough lift to be able to easily run 38s, if not 40s. Take off the hard top and there'd be zero issues with 40s.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My first lift (see pic to the left) was with the RK Adventure Series 1 and 37's. Flexed fine, had minor rubbing on the back portion of the rear wheel well liners. That issue was easily taken care of. I went with Fox 2.0 IFP shocks and I really enjoyed the ride and handling.

I went to the RK 3.5" X factor as I wanted as much flex as possible and I was adding more armor.

The Adventure Series has everything you need to properly lift you Jeep and is a wise choice if you're not wanting/needing max flex. I believe there's someone on the forum which has an Adv. Series 1 lift for sale in the Marketplace.

Clayton is another great choice as they have entry level lifts similar to the Adventure Series.
Sponsored