Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Can concur with everything here. I have the same lift. You did nothing wrong, I am 100% aligned and pull to the right. It's not the lift, it's the shitty steering box.

I also have a sting-gray jeep, so we're basically twins, but I have AEV Salta JK wheels.

I also have the LOD steel front and rear bumpers. Still have enough lift to be able to easily run 38s, if not 40s. Take off the hard top and there'd be zero issues with 40s.
Your rig pulling to the right has nothing to do with the steering box. You have an alignment issue.

OP
OP
Devil6Dog

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
I really appreciate everyones feedback. I never realized how hard of decision this would be especially not really knowing anything about them. I found a Mechanic that specializes in this stuff that I really like and trust him. Lot's of really great reviews. I added Metalcloak to the list that @word302 suggested. And strongly looking at RK adventure series which my mechanic doesn't like, say's their shocks leak out of the box? @Roky you experience this? I also like the Icon although no one talks about it. I threw those 3 to my guy and waiting to hear back from him. I feel I can't go wrong with these 3 and will pull the trigger Monday and be done with it.

Thanks in advance. I would like to hear about the shocks @Roky I think I remember you using Fox shocks instead?

Thanks again

Todd

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the Mopar and have had it for over 3 years now. It's been off road many times, including Moab. It is the smoothest off-road ride I've experienced. I did do a Rancho adjustable front track bar and Rough Country rear. I wouldn't change a thing. I've been running 35's.

I have an AEV 2.5 Dualsport on my JK and I think it is outstanding, too. Not sure how their JL system is, but AEV tends to do their homework. My JK feels better than new with that suspension. The ride is definitely stiffer than the JL Mopar lift, fwiw.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I really appreciate everyones feedback. I never realized how hard of decision this would be especially not really knowing anything about them. I found a Mechanic that specializes in this stuff that I really like and trust him. Lot's of really great reviews. I added Metalcloak to the list that @word302 suggested. And strongly looking at RK adventure series which my mechanic doesn't like, say's their shocks leak out of the box? @Roky you experience this? I also like the Icon although no one talks about it. I threw those 3 to my guy and waiting to hear back from him. I feel I can't go wrong with these 3 and will pull the trigger Monday and be done with it.

Thanks in advance. I would like to hear about the shocks @Roky I think I remember you using Fox shocks instead?

Thanks again

Todd
Hi Todd,

yeah I know guys that received the RK RRD 2.25 shocks and they were wet. They are a rebuildable shock. They weep a little when they get low on nitrogen. Back in the day I think they had some trouble with a wiper seal, but that’s been addressed. The shocks in the kit I recommended to you are the RRD TT shocks, far as I know there’s no leaking problems with the them.

I switched to Fox for the adjustability of the remote reservoir and wanted more ext. length, and because I think they’re the best shock on the market , imo, of course. The only reason I chose the kit I recommended is because it was in the same price range. I’m not trying force RK on you, I’m just trying to give you another option and give you as much feedback I can from my experience.

Another thing to keep in mind, as your appetite for off-roading grows , with RK you can always upgrade as little or as much as you want clear up to long arms and coil overs. With the other first two options you listed , that’s it, they don’t have any more advanced options, sure you can upgrade them but you’ll have to use other brands to do it. Anyway, hope I didn’t make it worse, lol......I see your in Gilbert, I lived next door in Mesa for over 20 years....:).
Reach out anytime......✌

Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
So finally found a shop I want to work with, Bulletproof Offroad in Mesa, Az. After talking with Paul there we narrowed down to 3 lift kits on 21 JLUR 2.0 Turbo gas. Will be running 35's. Looking for good road drivability,

1. ICON 2.5 Stage 3
2. Mopar 2 inch w/Icon front adj track bar and Icon rear track bar
3. AEV 2.5 Dualsport RT

I am comfortable with the costs of these with AEV the least expensive but I am looking for quality and ability to go to 37" later down road if I want to.

AEV keeps standing out based off what I have read and I can't find a lot on Icon. This shop does mostly Jeeps and Toyota which is probably why Icon.

Been driving myself crazy with this so if we can stick to
Take a look a Trail Recon on YouTube, he recently did two videos. The first was comparing different lift kits ease of install and final lift heights. The second was comparing the on and off-road performance of the lifts. AEV and icon were among the lifts tested. He did not test the Mopar lift but does run that lift on his personal JLUR, he seems to be happy with it. You may find a lift you weren’t considering.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
And strongly looking at RK adventure series which my mechanic doesn't like, say's their shocks leak out of the box?
RK are good lifts, but you must understand the trade offs.

1 - RK requires maintenance. Every few months you have to crawl under your Jeep with a grease gun and grease the joints (specially if you live where there is salt on the rods in the winter).

2 - There track bars and arms are no in vehicle adjustable, like Icon/Synergy are. With RK you have to remove the arms/bars to make even the tiniest adjustment.

3 - Their lower control arms, unlike every other arm in the industry is not bent in like the factory arms. That necessitates having wheels with less back space pushing your tires further out of the fenders - depending where you live you may get tickets for it.

4 - They use jam nuts which are a pain to tighten and require more regular inspections.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

1 - RK requires maintenance. Every few months you have to crawl under your Jeep with a grease gun and grease the joints (specially if you live where there is salt on the rods in the winter).

2 - There track bars and arms are no in vehicle adjustable, like Icon/Synergy are. With RK you have to remove the arms/bars to make even the tiniest adjustment.

3 - Their lower control arms, unlike every other arm in the industry is not bent in like the factory arms. That necessitates having wheels with less back space pushing your tires further out of the fenders - depending where you live you may get tickets for it.

4 - They use jam nuts which are a pain to tighten and require more regular inspections.
All of the things you listed are positives, not negatives and why I recommend them over any other manufacturer.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Opinions vary.......✌

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR