Sponsored

Can I fit 5 Rubicon Rims & Tires in the back of my JLU Sahara?

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
I am thinking of taking a friend with me so the passenger seat will be occupied. I can adjust the driver and passenger seats by moving them a little forward. Will it be fine with just the rear seats folded down?
I believe that’s how the guy I met had them. Just moved the front seats up a bit and had all five wheels/tires in the back with the back seats folded down

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I believe that’s how the guy I met had them. Just moved the front seats up a bit and had all five wheels/tires in the back with the back seats folded down
I'm another person who put 5 Rubicon takeoff tires in the back. I folded down the back seats but did not have to move the front seats. My front seats are typically all the way back. I stood all 5 tires up. I rolled 3 in side by side setting on the back seat, then put 2 more in the back going sideways. The back ones rocked around a little bit front to back so would occasionally bump against the rear window. You could roll up a blanket or towel and put it back there for padding.
When I bought the tires from another member here, I also bought springs, shocks and got the other parts that came off when he installed his lift so those parts were all back there with the tires.

Last edited:

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I'm another person who put 5 Rubicon takeoff tires in the back. I folded down the back seats but did not have to move the front seats. My front seats are typically all the way back. I stood all 5 tires up. I rolled 3 in side by side setting on the back seat, then put 2 more in the back going sideways. The back ones rocked around a little bit front to back so would occasionally bump against the rear window. You could roll up a blanket or towel and put it back there for padding.
This is the way

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
The guy that bought my Rubi takeoffs couldn't fit all 5. He had to come back for the 5th.
How much did you get. I'll be selling mine. I didn't upgrade wheels or tires on my JLR order.

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
How much did you get. I'll be selling mine. I didn't upgrade wheels or tires on my JLR order.
I got $800, but that was back in summer 2019. Not sure what the going rate is now. That said, I was also a victim of the higher prices back then. I paid a combined $3,000 for the Mopar front and rear steel bumpers and a premium soft top.

OP
OP
barca_madrid

barca_madrid

First Name
Sasi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Occupation
Development Engineer
Jeep Wrangler JL Can I fit 5 Rubicon Rims & Tires in the back of my JLU Sahara? IMG_20210509_004018

All 5 fit nice in the back. Thank you all for the advices 😃😁

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got $800, but that was back in summer 2019. Not sure what the going rate is now.
Prices can vary.
Last summer i was searching the for sale area here and my local craigslist. Assuming wheels and tires with relatively low miles, most sets of 5 seem to be $800-1000 on this forum, $1400 or so on Craigslist. I think $1400 is too high. You can buy the tires and have them mounted on your wheels for roughly $900, maybe 1,000 (working from memory here), and you'll get service and a warranty.

I ended up buying used Rubicon tires. I kept the silver Sport wheels, I think they look good with the red paint.

Jeep Wrangler JL Can I fit 5 Rubicon Rims & Tires in the back of my JLU Sahara? IMG_4249b

Last edited:

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
I was able to fit all five of my Sahara 18 inch rims with tires, lift kit and spare tire holder in the back with no problems.

Queso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1987 VW Westfalia, 1971 VW Single Cab
Occupation
Psychologist
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Can I fit 5 Rubicon Rims & Tires in the back of my JLU Sahara? BCEF5CF3-49D3-4490-80EB-94D5F9DDE6E0

They’ll fit in the back. Here’re my five Rubi takeoffs in the back of my Sport S and I didn’t take off the spare. A little Tire Tertis and you’re all good. Congrats on your new shoes 😉

Sponsored

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
If you have an impact wrench you could also swap all of the tires out on-site and then put your smaller Sahara wheels/tires in the back. Just watch your speed going home, your speedo will be off by about 3-4 mph on the highway.
There's no significant speedometer difference. It's 32 (old) vs 32.6 (new) inches. Speedo change is about .2 mph.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's no significant speedometer difference. It's 32 (old) vs 32.6 (new) inches. Speedo change is about .2 mph.
For the readers who have a Sport- going from the 245 minivan tires to Rubi KO2 takeoffs will be somewhere between 3.5 and 4% difference, meaning at 70mph indicated speed on the highway you will be doing 72-73mph.
I've checked this roughly on some of the little "your speed is __" radar signs in construction zones, but I've also logged my mileage from gas station to gas station on some 2000 mile highway trips and then checked the mileages for multiple legs in google maps.
That reminds me- I can probably do another check using my GAIA GPS. I'll try that the next time I'm on the road and remember it.

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
For the readers who have a Sport- going from the 245 minivan tires to Rubi KO2 takeoffs will be somewhere between 3.5 and 4% difference, meaning at 70mph indicated speed on the highway you will be doing 72-73mph.
I've checked this roughly on some of the little "your speed is __" radar signs in construction zones, but I've also logged my mileage from gas station to gas station on some 2000 mile highway trips and then checked the mileages for multiple legs in google maps.
That reminds me- I can probably do another check using my GAIA GPS. I'll try that the next time I'm on the road and remember it.
Hey. I thought I'd pull this up and refresh my memory. This is the Rubicon KO2s vs Sahara stockers. It's a bit more than my estimate.

I did take my Jeep in to recalibrate the speedo, but they told me they only start recalibration at 33 inch.

This is the website for the tire comps. https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Screenshot_20210531-123643_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210531-123700_Chrome.jpg

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the backup supporting txj2go:

Screenshot_20210531-124506_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210531-124519_Chrome.jpg

PaulW

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ, 72 Bronco
Hello,

I am thinking of buying a set of Rubicon take-off wheels. The seller is 100 miles away and I need to pick them up from his place. So, I am wondering if I can lower my back seat and fit them in there, or do I have to rent a pickup truck? Please advise.

Thank you :)
== ==
Been there and done that. Not a problem. Lower the back seat and stack them in.
Sponsored