Sponsored

Can I add LED tail lights to my Sport S???

Bun707

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I just installed those Kiwi Master smoked LED lights from Amazon. They were easy to get in but they just aren’t bright. Attached is a side by side with OEM on the right and middle. My lux meter wasn’t reading red light but my estimate is straight back the LED was at least 3 times dimmer. You could see it, but it doesn’t grab your eyes like the original incandescent lights do. Plus the reveres lights are very dim. I love the look, but I also love safety. Debating sending them back, might sleep on it.

0C01E79B-14DC-46CA-893F-02B9CA4FC1D9.jpeg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I just installed those Kiwi Master smoked LED lights from Amazon. They were easy to get in but they just aren’t bright. Attached is a side by side with OEM on the right and middle. My lux meter wasn’t reading red light but my estimate is straight back the LED was at least 3 times dimmer. You could see it, but it doesn’t grab your eyes like the original incandescent lights do. Plus the reveres lights are very dim. I love the look, but I also love safety. Debating sending them back, might sleep on it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Can I add LED tail lights to my Sport S??? 0C01E79B-14DC-46CA-893F-02B9CA4FC1D9
@Bun707

If you are not happy with them now, send them back for a refund while you can/if you can..

If you want to try another aftermarket, consider these. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...uential-led-tail-lights-by-cj-off-road.54463/

On Facebook and other JL related forums, I have read a few reviews from JL owner's that installed them. Most like them but do say reverse LED brightness is so so..

Bun707

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
@Rhinebeck01. Good suggestion. Those look nice and certainly brighter! I watched the video and my only thought is does the sequential action really happen when braking? That seems odd if so. I wonder if it's defeatable.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Rhinebeck01. Good suggestion. Those look nice and certainly brighter! I watched the video and my only thought is does the sequential action really happen when braking? That seems odd if so. I wonder if it's defeatable.
@Bun707

Watch this video in it's entirety..

JeepNYak

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I just bought RIGHT 55112890AG and LEFT 55112891AG from OEM Dodge Parts, installed them and right light drl didn't light up. Removed and plugged back in then it worked. Shut off Jeep and mins later it was not working anymore

Installed on 2020 JLU Willys

20200928_142416.jpg

Sponsored

AJB88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willy's Unlimited
Yes they can be added. Nothing is different, they plug right up with no further modification!
Jeep Wrangler JL Can I add LED tail lights to my Sport S??? 20200928_142416
Did the LEDs you purchased have a resistor to eliminate hyper-flash or did you buy a Tazer or go to the dealer to flash the LED sales code? Or maybe nothing and they work fine just swapping them? I'm hearing so many different things from different posts. Finally, which LEDs did you purchase? Thanks!

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Did the LEDs you purchased have a resistor to eliminate hyper-flash or did you buy a Tazer or go to the dealer to flash the LED sales code? Or maybe nothing and they work fine just swapping them? I'm hearing so many different things from different posts. Finally, which LEDs did you purchase? Thanks!
The only vehicles that have issue with them are export market vehicles. All U.S market JL's are plug and play no programmer etc..

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque