Sponsored

Can dealer retrofit active cruise to 18 JL ?

JL-Jeepster

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL , 2006 F250 Diesel
I really love my 18 JL 2.0 purchased in October.

The only thing I really regret is not having a active cruise. I constantly drive between CO and MO so this would be really nice to have.

If I knew passive cruise was coming in 19 I would have waited a month.

So I was wandering if there is a way the dealer can add the feature to the 18 model ?
Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I really love my 18 JL 2.0 purchased in October.

The only thing I really regret is not having a active cruise. I constantly drive between CO and MO so this would be really nice to have.

If I knew passive cruise was coming in 19 I would have waited a month.

So I was wandering if there is a way the dealer can add the feature to the 18 model ?
This was mentioned in a thread a couple weeks ago and the answer was no, it cannot be added.

OP
OP
JL-Jeepster

JL-Jeepster

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was mentioned in a thread a couple weeks ago and the answer was no, it cannot be added.
I’m trying to locate that thread ... do you happen to have a reference to it ? Just curious as to what it involves... like is it something that you could possibly add with a taser JL in the future if you add the hardware or if there is more to it

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
One thing I have learned over the years when it comes to car buying, always get what you want at the time of purchase, it’s very $$ to add on later.
I learned that the hard way. When I purchased a 2017 sport JK and traded it less than a year later on a Rubicon JL.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I’m trying to locate that thread ... do you happen to have a reference to it ? Just curious as to what it involves... like is it something that you could possibly add with a taser JL in the future if you add the hardware or if there is more to it
I don’t have the link handy but I’ll look around for it.

OP
OP
JL-Jeepster

JL-Jeepster

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing I have learned over the years when it comes to car buying, always get what you want at the time of purchase, it’s very $$ to add on later.
I learned that the hard way. When I purchased a 2017 sport JK and traded it less than a year later on a Rubicon JL.
True but this is that one feature I wasn't expecting would come out that soon and its that guilt that if I waited just one more month I would have had it. That said I came from a 2012 JK Sport and I absofreakin-lutely LOVE this beast.
Sponsored