HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Why does everyone say this? Are you lawyers? Or is this like common place bad medical advice that people post on the internet. Frankly, its inappropriate.
Many people say this because it is a fact. If you break an axle and you are on 37s there is a VERY good chance your warranty will not cover it and rightfully so. Oh and good luck trying to sue a dealership to get them to perform warranty work, lol.

If any warranty work ever gets denied your best bet is to try a different dealership.
Sponsored

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So how much to have the dealer calibrate 37 inches tires to correct the speedo? I have a maxcare lifetime warranty so I have to have the dealer do it

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So how much to have the dealer calibrate 37 inches tires to correct the speedo? I have a maxcare lifetime warranty so I have to have the dealer do it
You need a dealer sales code and there is a cost sheet that they maintain. Assuming they don't add a mark up beyond that - I want to say it is an MSRP of $140-150

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
My Rubi is at the dealership now. They quoted me $130 to update from stock 33" to new 35" tires.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
$130 for 2 minutes worth of time, better than the $265 referenced earlier though. Even if you are concerned with warranty, a tazer can be unmarried and removed in minutes. Pull it before you go in for warranty work. I've left mine in and married. Only note my dealer ever made was that my tpms was set bellow factory spec, more of a cya disclaimer on the paperwork. They upgraded my steering box under warranty regardless of the 37's, lift, or tazer. In order to deny warranty work, they have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure. As far as the axle shaft example, only an asshole swaps on larger tires, wheels hard enough to break a shaft, and attempts to warranty that. A. That's clearly your fault B. It's clearly time for upgraded shafts at a minimum, so why try to get them replaced with stock?
Sponsored