Can dealer flash you to 37s?

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Can dealer flash JLU Rubicon to 37s. If so, anyone know the “code” etc. Spoke to them quickly and they said “maybe have to look in system.” Any where to direct them to would be much appreciated. Thx!!!

Oh and also can they reduce psi?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Can dealer flash JLU Rubicon to 37s. If so, anyone know the “code” etc. Spoke to them quickly and they said “maybe have to look in system.” Any where to direct them to would be much appreciated. Thx!!!

I highly recommend you get a Tazer. The Lite version is $219 and allows you to reprogram tire size, tpms threshold, disable auto stop/start, and some other options. The Mini version is $329 and does the above plus a whole lot more. Check it out on the zautomotive website. The dealer charge, the time you'll spend there, and the fact that you're already having to do homework to help them with what should be a simple reprogram all adds up to costing more than the tazer will. Check out the list of features that may interest you. I'm just one of many people that consider it a must have, especially for the Rubicon.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
As mentioned, get a Taser. I got the lite version. tires size air pressure and more. i like the swaybar disconnect and locker in Hi range. Worth the money vs dealer charges IMO

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I hear all that (and its good advice) but in theory can the dealer do it? If so, does anyone have anything specific they know of to tell them?

Danny123000

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
They can. The have to get a code from Chrysler and use your vin for it. I got quoted for 265. So it’s much more worth it to get the Tazer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
They can. The have to get a code from Chrysler and use your vin for it. I got quoted for 265. So it’s much more worth it to get the Tazer.
Gotcha. In theory when they do it - it stay permanently? Again - just doing all my diligence.

Danny123000

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Gotcha. In theory when they do it - it stay permanently? Again - just doing all my diligence.
Yes, they will. So a good example of how it would suck is I have tires for road trips. Big clunky tires over a 2K road trip would suck for MPGs. Tazer lets you change that back and forth.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes, they will. So a good example of how it would suck is I have tires for road trips. Big clunky tires over a 2K road trip would suck for MPGs. Tazer lets you change that back and forth.
Understood

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
So you called your dealer, they said maybe, you also want to adjust the psi, and are wondering if they can do that also. People here have suggested the Taser, but you seem dismissive of that idea, and you still want to go to the dealer who doesn't seem like they may or may not be willing to do what you would like. If the dealer isn't giving you the answer you want, and aren't willing to listen to suggestions from people here on other alternatives, why are you asking?

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Dealer can do it, but then flag your vehicle for mods and give you hell on factory and power train warranty issues...

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hear all that (and its good advice) but in theory can the dealer do it? If so, does anyone have anything specific they know of to tell them?
Yes, it's a very simple reprogram for a competent tech to easily accomplish. Key word there is competent, which doesn't often come from a dealer. If they're scratching their heads and relying on you to point them in the right direction, leave before they touch your jeep. Find a better dealer that knows what they're looking at, if you're wanting to go the dealer flash route.

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
flag your vehicle for mods and give you hell on factory and power train warranty issues
Why does everyone say this? Are you lawyers? Or is this like common place bad medical advice that people post on the internet. Frankly, its innapripriate.

First and foremost Jeep and Mopar plainly advertise the acceptable use of 35s and 37s regularly.

Secondly, there is FEDERAL LAW
Yes, it's a very simple reprogram for a competent tech to easily accomplish. Key word there is competent, which doesn't often come from a dealer. If they're scratching their heads and relying on you to point them in the right direction, leave before they touch your jeep. Find a better dealer that knows what they're looking at, if you're wanting to go the dealer flash route.
Cool. Like I said. Just doing my diligence and I always find it important to just get as much info as you can.

WizzBang

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Wrangler Sport Unlimited
It's too bad Jeep just doesn't add functionality to the screen to allow gear and tire size changes by the owner. They could sell it as an "Extended Programming Option" and charge $500 and people would buy it to avoid going aftermarket.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I have about $60 into my Jscan setup. Pretty cool.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why does everyone say this? Are you lawyers? Or is this like common place bad medical advice that people post on the internet. Frankly, its innapripriate.

First and foremost Jeep and Mopar plainly advertise the acceptable use of 35s and 37s regularly.

Secondly, there is FEDERAL LAW

Cool. Like I said. Just doing my diligence and I always find it important to just get as much info as you can.
My response to everything above the word "cool", is that some dealers are very friendly to mods and some would love to drop your warranty due to putting on a set of 35's, so they could get more money for their service. In light of that fact, dealer experiences reported on this forum will be of both ends of the spectrum and everything in between.

For "cool" and below, I'll fully agree that there's no such thing as too much research. Especially when it involves spending one's own hard earned money. Looking back, my post could've been more helpful if I elaborated more on the dealer option. Regardless, you'd still be better served doing it yourself with a Tazer. If tire size and tpms are your only concerns, and there's no interest in the other features, the Flashcal is another option that is more cost efficient.
Sponsored