Sponsored

Can anyone identify this loose bolt I found? ($ reward)

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I found this rolling around in my soft top box when I finally decided to dismantle that behemoth of a box (almost considered putting wheels on it as a trailer...)

I have looked everywhere on my soft top and I don’t see a spot it would go or a parallel one to it on the other side.

$10 through Venmo to anyone who can solve it. I REALLY want to be sure I know where this was / goes......
Sponsored

OP
OP
szobell

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Um...

You might get a few more answers if there was a picture showing WHAT it is you want identified.

:idea:

(That awkward moment when someone points out your forgot the attachment...). BTW - I know it is not off of the header bar.

Thank you

5C021BA9-A79E-4FBC-AD50-6E33451EF6C1.jpeg

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
No JL yet but on my JK these are the bolts. Top/left attaches soft top mechanism to rollbar bracket. Bottom/right attaches said bracket to rollbar. I am betting this is that bolt for you. Do you have your top all attached already?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That looks like the bolt that holds the rear corner brackets where the window corners attach and the the flat roll bar metal bracket.

Sponsored

OP
OP
szobell

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
That looks like the bolt that holds the rear corner brackets where the window corners attach and the the flat roll bar metal bracket.
Thanks for the suggestion, but that is not it unfortunately. The JL attaches totally different and doesn't use that type of attachment. Ironically, I know exactly what bolts you are talking about as I just took the hard top off and put the soft top on about 30 minutes ago for my '09 JK that my daughter is now driving.

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
Could just be an extra screw in the box. I get them with things from time to time and it drives me nuts too trying to pin down if it was supposed to go somewhere.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
AB78C29A-6A9F-4AAA-9CA0-1CB58DFC7748.jpeg
Thanks for the suggestion, but that is not it unfortunately. The JL attaches totally different and doesn't use that type of attachment. Ironically, I know exactly what bolts you are talking about as I just took the hard top off and put the soft top on about 30 minutes ago for my '09 JK that my daughter is now driving.
I may not have described that very well. I just put the soft top on my JL last weekend and that is how I attached the rear plastic corner bracket that attaches to the body tub and the flat metal bracket that attaches to the rear roll bar for the soft top.

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
I found one of those bolts in my JL as well. They appear to match with the bolts that hold the plastic paneling to the roll cage. I couldn't find any that were missing on mine though. Seems like theres a lot of bolts being dropped around the factory lol.

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Looks like it holds some piece of plastic dash trim

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Another thought from seeing this pic. Could it be a screw attaching the soft top to the windshield header?

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
I’m so glad I found his thread. I’m not kidding. I found one in my Jeep the day I took delivery and for two weeks it’s been killing me and my OCD!!!

My 4 year old said “Dad relax. It’s probably just an extra”. Damn it when your 4 year old is right!

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Omg it’s actually a motor mount screw. Hurry, get it back to the dealer ASAP before you engine falls out!!!!

Ok, maybe not. Don’t sweat it, if it did fall out you’ll find it eventually, nothing serious.

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
Well I think we all realize it isn’t something serious but tell that to me OCD :angry:
Sponsored