Sponsored

Can Anyone give a 0-60 acceleration on the High Tide?

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Looking into one and wonder what the acceleration is with the xr package. It says it has a limiter of 110 mph. Can anyone verify?
Sponsored

Capt. Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
Occupation
US Merchant Marine Master, 100T
Vehicle Showcase
Looking into one and wonder what the acceleration is with the xr package. It says it has a limiter of 110 mph. Can anyone verify?
Limiter is at 97 mph. Not sure I would want to exceed 85 with those tires, lift, suspension and steering plus 2 in. higher center of gravity.

Capt. Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited High Tide
Occupation
US Merchant Marine Master, 100T
Vehicle Showcase
The etorque V-6 mild hybrid has been the surprise for me. With 4.56 gears and the lithium battery pack providing a 90 lbs-ft torque boost under 2,000 rpm, it is a real blast at low rpm. Yet still not hard to control on the rocks. Many claim etorque only contributes to the first half wheel revolution from stop. Not true on this 2022 JLU High Tide. Try a High Tide or Willys Xtreme Recon 2022-2023 and make up your own mind. The 4.56 gears are a big part of it and seems to really make the etorque system responsive. Since etorque system is about contributed torque, correct (low) gearing has quite an impact. One JLU Ruicon XR owner told me he went to 5.13 gears and 37s and it was an absolute blast at low rpm with his etorque making a real worthwhile contribution.

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
Do you wanna go 110mph? I'm sure the 4.56 gears will put it close to whatever the current 0-60 is on the 3.6 without XR package.

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Friend if you wanna go 110youre looking at the wrong type of vehicle. The tires on some models are speed rated only to 97. In addition, a short wheelbase, tall vehicle on solid axles does NOT drive like a conventional car ( or pickup). The Jeep has all the aerodynamics of a cement block or barn door. Stability at speed is less than optimal. Jeeps are for SLOWLY traveling to places you can’t get to in other vehicles. You want to go fast, buy a Challenger, Camaro, or Mustang. Acceleration is, as the Rolls Royce folks used to say, “adequate”.

Last edited:

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
88 mph is the top limit on that particular model and then the flux capacitor kicks on and sends you through time so you'll never hit even 89 with it before all the crazy starts in.
Best to keep it below that speed for safety

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Car and Drivers says 7.7

"To prevent the High Tide from requiring outriggers, the lifted suspension is stiff—much stiffer, seemingly, than even a Rubicon model on 33-inch tires. With a track four inches wider than that of a standard Wrangler Sport and 2.5 inches broader than a Rubicon, the High Tide feels stable, if not particularly happy, in corners. Its 0.69 g of lateral grip is probably about as hard as you'd want to corner in this buggy. Likewise, its 7.7-second run to 60 mph feels plenty quick enough, especially given the lackluster stopping distance from 70 mph: 211 feet, the same distance we recorded from the almost-10,000-pound GMC Hummer EV. (Given that the Wrangler laid down faint gray skid marks along the length of its braking test, its ABS keeping things just on the threshold of lockup, it's clear that its lengthy stop is more the fault of the knobby tires than the brakes themselves.) We failed to record a 100-mph stop because Jeep quite sensibly prevents the High Tide from going that fast. Top speed is limited to 97 mph, at which it's easy to imagine what it's like to be an astronaut plunging through the atmosphere in a reentry capsule."

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Friend if you wanna go 110youre looking at the wrong type of vehicle. The tires on some models are speed rated only to 97. In addition, a short wheelbase, tall vehicle on solid axles does NOT drive like a conventional car ( or pickup). The Jeep has all the aerodynamics of a cement block or barn door. Stability at speed is less than optimal. Jeeps are for SLOWLY traveling to places you can’t get to in other vehicles. You want to go fast, buy a Challenger, Camaro, or Mustang. Acceleration is, as the Rolls Royce folks used to say, “adequate”.
“Adequate” is appropriate since Jeep dealerships now think they can get near R/R prices ! 😉

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Car and Drivers says 7.7

"To prevent the High Tide from requiring outriggers, the lifted suspension is stiff—much stiffer, seemingly, than even a Rubicon model on 33-inch tires. With a track four inches wider than that of a standard Wrangler Sport and 2.5 inches broader than a Rubicon, the High Tide feels stable, if not particularly happy, in corners. Its 0.69 g of lateral grip is probably about as hard as you'd want to corner in this buggy. Likewise, its 7.7-second run to 60 mph feels plenty quick enough, especially given the lackluster stopping distance from 70 mph: 211 feet, the same distance we recorded from the almost-10,000-pound GMC Hummer EV. (Given that the Wrangler laid down faint gray skid marks along the length of its braking test, its ABS keeping things just on the threshold of lockup, it's clear that its lengthy stop is more the fault of the knobby tires than the brakes themselves.) We failed to record a 100-mph stop because Jeep quite sensibly prevents the High Tide from going that fast. Top speed is limited to 97 mph, at which it's easy to imagine what it's like to be an astronaut plunging through the atmosphere in a reentry capsule."
Wait....what? Do the High Tides have some crazy offset? There aren't any axles wider than the 220.

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
Wait....what? Do the High Tides have some crazy offset? There aren't any axles wider than the 220.
315/70 vs. 285/70 combined with a +12 offset wheel instead of the std +44 is approximately 3.72” wider. Track width is based on a measurement between the centerlines of each tire which can be measured a couple different ways requiring math skills I no longer possess after my first vodka soda!

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
315/70 vs. 285/70 combined with a +12 offset wheel instead of the std +44 is approximately 3.72” wider. Track width is based on a measurement between the centerlines of each tire which can be measured a couple different ways requiring math skills I no longer possess after my first vodka soda!
Three more and you’re math skills will be perfect! 😁

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
Three more and you’re math skills will be perfect! 😁
Hell, 3 more and I won’t care! 🤪. After 5 or 6, I start buying Jeep parts and accessories I don’t “need!” My internet connection needs one of those breathalyzer access control thangs!
Sponsored