Sponsored

Can anyone confirm if the all weather floor mats don’t leak during a water crossing?

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I guess you guys are doing it wrong. My Mopar mats fit so snug in the drain hole that I had to beat on them a little bit to get the mat all the way into the hole. No way water is going to come into the floor pan any easier now than it would have from the factory.
Both of mine do not fit tightly.
Mine were ordered with my JL from the factory.
The photos of the red JL is of Kevin’s JL, he was one of the first to post of this problem.
If you look underneath your JL on the driver side and look where the floor mat comes through the floor pan you may see that the fit is not that tight. At least mine has a lot of play. This play will cause water to enter the vehicle during a water crossing.
Today I’ll be taking my JL into the dealership for the correction pad and ask them to look into the floor mat problem.
Sponsored

Bkenyon53

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro SS; 2016 JKU; 1971 VW Beetle
Both of mine do not fit tightly.
Mine were ordered with my JL from the factory.
The photos of the red JL is of Kevin’s JL, he was one of the first to post of this problem.
If you look underneath your JL on the driver side and look where the floor mat comes through the floor pan you may see that the fit is not that tight. At least mine has a lot of play. This play will cause water to enter the vehicle during a water crossing.
Today I’ll be taking my JL into the dealership for the correction pad and ask them to look into the floor mat problem.
I don't have any visual of what you are saying but could this be corrected with a bed of silicone sealant between the mat and floor pan?

jtp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S unlimited
What was the part number for the drain plugs?

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Quick question. How easy is it and how long did it take to reinstall the carpets? It looks simpler than the JKs
I didn't reinstall them. But it would be relatively easy. Just shove the edges behind the trim pieces and snap them into place.

Shouldn't take but a minute per section at most.

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I don't have any visual of what you are saying but could this be corrected with a bed of silicone sealant between the mat and floor pan?
My thought is yes and no, if jeep sells a part that should have a tight seal than it should not leak.
Is my thinking wrong?

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
When i took delivery the salesman told me the large bag in the back of my new Jeep contained a bag that attaches to the rear seat to put items in like groceries when i go to the store.... It's the vinyl bag for the roof tops when they are removed. DOH!
Well, technically, it's a freedom top bag. As in, you're free to top up the bag with groceries!

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I don't own a JL yet, but I'm guessing the rubber mat spout that fits into the drain hole is not as pliable as the factory rubber plug, therefore not providing an adequate seal. Yes, maybe the mat "snaps" into place, but that doesn't mean it's sealed around the entire circumference of the drain hole. Silicone sealant would probably do the trick if you don't plan to remove the mats very often but want to take advantage of the drain through feature.

I like the looks of the mats and plan to use them but keep the original rubber plugs in the floor and purchasing extra plugs for the mats. Might even cut off the spout if needed to lay flat.

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
2021 update.

Just picked up Mopar Matts, 2021 brings version "E" still no tight fit in floor, pops in then right back out. Added butyl rubber as others have done for a weather tight seal. Probably better off trimming out funnel and putting plug back in floor.

Sponsored

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
I wasn’t very happy with the fitment of my mats’ plugs into the floor drain either. It didn’t snap in or provide a secure fit. I ended up wrapping the plug on the mat side with some electrical tape just to make a tighter friction fit, but I still don’t trust them to make a water tight seal. Luckily I haven’t been in water as deep as the floorpan to find out yet.

JeffCj7Jl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, 2015 4Runner, 2021 JLR
I didn’t notice any leaks after I went through this water crossing. I made sure the drain plug snapped into place when I installed the mopar mats..
Jeep Wrangler JL Can anyone confirm if the all weather floor mats don’t leak during a water crossing? 77007ADA-CCF0-43DA-BCBF-78AFFD59CCED
Sponsored