Sponsored

Can anyone confirm if the all weather floor mats don’t leak during a water crossing?

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Hey folks

Has anyone done a deep water crossing with the Mopar all weather floor mats installed?
I have them and they do not seem like they would stop water from coming into the vehicle during a deep water crossing.
Wonder if anyone has done this yet.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Hey folks

Has anyone done a deep water crossing with the Mopar all weather floor mats installed?
I have them and they do not seem like they would stop water from coming into the vehicle during a deep water crossing.
Wonder if anyone has done this yet.

Thanks in advance
I can't answer your question, but as far as I know, the mats plug into a one way (check) valve that should not allow liquid to flow in the opposite direction.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I can't answer your question, but as far as I know, the mats plug into a one way (check) valve that should not allow liquid to flow in the opposite direction.
Hey

The seal between the floor mat drain plug and the floor pan does not seem to be a tight enough seal to stop water from coming into the vehicle during a water crossing

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Hey

The seal between the floor mat drain plug and the floor pan does not seem to be a tight enough seal to stop water from coming into the vehicle during a water crossing
I'll admit that I'm not sure as I haven't installed them or removed the perforated piece of carped covering the plugs. But as I understand it, the check valves are built into the floor pan. Basically the seal isn't between the mats and the drain opening.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Hey

Mine leaked on both driver and passenger side into the carpet between the floor and the Mopar mats.

I have since removed the plugs from the mats and placed them back in the floor itself. I also removed the carpet and kept it out.

The drain port makes no actual seal into the floor drain hole. They simply "sit" there.

Here's a few pictures...

upload_2018-5-21_15-11-24.png

upload_2018-5-21_15-11-56.png

upload_2018-5-21_15-12-13.png
And there ya go. Straight from the horses.. err unicorns mouth!

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Mine leaked on both driver and passenger side into the carpet between the floor and the Mopar mats.

I have since removed the plugs from the mats and placed them back in the floor itself. I also removed the carpet and kept it out.

The drain port makes no actual seal into the floor drain hole. They simply "sit" there.

Here's a few pictures...

Hey

That is what I was looking for! Thanks, you completely confirmed what I thought would happen!

Unreal that Mopar did not take the time to add a lip to their all weather mats to make it a tight water seal. Another FLOP by Mopar! Looks like they spent all these years making stuff that really does not work.
As soon as the aftermarket companies get their act together the Mopar parts will just collect dust on the dealership shelves.

OP
OP
James

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
And there ya go. Straight from the horses.. err unicorns mouth!
Hey
Dam good thing you did not go really deep!
Most of the water crossing I do, the water is just over the top of the fenders and just below the air intake.
I’ll be putt8ng them plugs right back into the floor pan!

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
First of all thank you all for your POSTS. Spend several days last week arguing with a Jeep dealer parts manager that the mats were not supposed to have a hole in them. kind of defeats the purpose of an all weather mat to have a hole in the middle as mine was delivered.
Later that day after he called "Jeep" he told me about the drain plug in the floor being removed and placed in the floor mats (guess someone in pre delivery needs to know that as well).. So since that time i have been trying to figure out now with a hole in the floor is the water supposed to be kept out of the area between the floor and the carpet during heavy rain or water crossings. I will go back and try to secure the mat into the floor board hole as i did not do that when I removed the plug and used it in the all weather floor mats. Any reason not to just buy a second set of plugs and put them back in the floor directly?
And now I have to go back and try and convince them that the Jeep JLUR is supposed to come with a small tool kit with tools to remove doors and camera shroud etc.
Just staggering to me the amount of knowledge they (Dealership) do not have on a vehicle they sell and are around every day....

When i took delivery the salesman told me the large bag in the back of my new Jeep contained a bag that attaches to the rear seat to put items in like groceries when i go to the store.... It's the vinyl bag for the roof tops when they are removed. DOH!

Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR

Here's a few pictures...

Quick question. How easy is it and how long did it take to reinstall the carpets? It looks simpler than the JKs

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I guess you guys are doing it wrong. My Mopar mats fit so snug in the drain hole that I had to beat on them a little bit to get the mat all the way into the hole. No way water is going to come into the floor pan any easier now than it would have from the factory.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I guess you guys are doing it wrong. My Mopar mats fit so snug in the drain hole that I had to beat on them a little bit to get the mat all the way into the hole. No way water is going to come into the floor pan any easier now than it would have from the factory.
I would look under your Jeep and make sure the drain plug is sealed around the bottom of the frame - mine were difficult as well but did not go all the way through the floor pan. I had the dealer order another set and I put them under my mats through the floor board.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Any reason not to just buy a second set of plugs and put them back in the floor directly?
Do this, then you don't have to worry. Apparently the JK drain plugs fit the same. If you want the mats to lay flat, you may need to cut off the spout underneath the mat. Not sure.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
I have not done any water fording but have found my passenger side all weather mat to have the drain channel popped out of its hole on a couple of occasions now with very little use of having a passenger in the seat. Seems the snaps on the carpet side or off ever so slightly and when the passenger mat is installed, it tweaks the drain channel in not wanting to naturally stay in place on the floor pan hole.
Sponsored