Sponsored

Can an 18 JL sport be equipped with Mopar LED headlights now?

Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x5
Hi Guys,

Curious if anyone can verify that a JL Sport can be purchased with the dealer adding

-oem led headlights

-oem led fog lights

Oem led running / turn signals?

If not- is the only other option a 2 door Rubicon to get the lighting package. Seems like if you want more of a road based 2 door, you are out of luck. Could a Rubicon get 33’s good for the road. I feel like a Sahara two door would had been great!
Sponsored

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Jeep Commando, '18 JLU sport s
Could not be ordered any leds on my jlu sport s when i ordered on 12/29. The are on the mopar aftermarket list as orderable sometime after march not factory installed for 895$ish for just the headlights.

OP
OP
Rubicon

Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x5
I’d love to jump into the Rubicon- but all the red stitching and dash isn’t as subtle as I’d like. Still a big fan no doubt. It’s a dream machine...

36D2C13E-2AB4-4387-93B4-E8556ACC027C.jpeg

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d love to jump into the Rubicon- but all the red stitching and dash isn’t as subtle as I’d like. Still a big fan no doubt. It’s a dream machine...

36D2C13E-2AB4-4387-93B4-E8556ACC027C.jpeg

I should add that i have been replacing all my lights with leds. I have replaced everything but headlights from diode dynamics. Just waiting in a led headlight to come out.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I should add that i have been replacing all my lights with leds. I have replaced everything but headlights from diode dynamics. Just waiting in a led headlight to come out.
Pictures please.

Can you verify whether the Sport has Daytime running lights? It’s only listed as a standard feature on the sahara and rubi.

Sponsored

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pictures please.

Can you verify whether the Sport has Daytime running lights? It’s only listed as a standard feature on the sahara and rubi.

Does not have have auto drls. Have to manual select during day as the auto lights only work at night. The fender lights and fogs look the same as stock rubi leds.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Does not have have auto drls. Have to manual select during day as the auto lights only work at night. The fender lights and fogs look the same as stock rubi leds.
Thanks. So if you manually turn on your parking lights during the day your fender light will act as drl like the rubi but without the halo ring? Is that correct?

I know the AEV procal allows you to program drl in the JK so maybe something will be available for the JL.

Hopefully aftermarket LED bulbs can handle being used as drl without burning out quickly.

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. So if you manually turn on your parking lights during the day your fender light will act as drl like the rubi but without the halo ring? Is that correct?

I know the AEV procal allows you to program drl in the JK so maybe something will be available for the JL.

Hopefully aftermarket LED bulbs can handle being used as drl without burning out quickly.

Yup if you turn on parking works like that without the halo.

OP
OP
Rubicon

Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x5

It’s really sounding like- if you like the look of all LED- it’s Sahara or Rubi only...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubicon

Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x5
The Sport is a great model. They are all great. Just wish more options hit the sport s.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Your dealer should be able to add the DRL code for you. They are standard on Canadian vehicles, and in the past you could go in and have the dealer add the code just for the DRLs to your VIN with the Star Scan unit (similar to enabling rear camera on JKs).
The biggest problem though is very VERY few people know how to use the tool, and you usually have to give a dealer instructions on where in the menu tree to look to add them so for a JL I doubt people have poked around the tool much yet. Some dealerships with the JK would change the country to Canada, which accomplishes the task, but that’s really not required, they can just toggle the DRL code if they know where to go.

There was also an option for vehicles with the EVIC in the JK to enable the FogLights as DRLs, but that wouldn’t help with the Halos. Not sure what options are available in the JL, few people have dug around in there. But I would check the cluster menu first, then ask the dealership before getting a programmer. Also if you do a dealer install of the Mopars, then make it a condition of purchasing the upgrade giving them the incentive to figure it out.

OP
OP
Rubicon

Rubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x5
That’s a sad fact- but maybe it’s been done on purpose for aftermarket to still have relevance...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
It may be a blessing in disguise. In the past the aftermarket has provided better value than MOPAR.
Sponsored