First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
This is a terrible time to be in the market for new vehicles. With the supply chain issues, chip shortages, etc. the dealer lots are low on inventory. You are simply not going to get a good deal on anything in stock as it's too precious to the dealer. I need cargo vans for my business & between Amazon buying everything available and the shortages of components to build they are like hens teeth.
Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I checked with a Jeep dealer to find out what the value is and they said it was 51k on a 57,500 (new) vehicle with 1500 miles.
They claim the next buyer will not be eligible for the 7500.00 tax incentive fyi.

That is correct, only the original buyer qualifies for the Tax Incentive.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is a terrible time to be in the market for new vehicles. With the supply chain issues, chip shortages, etc. the dealer lots are low on inventory. You are simply not going to get a good deal on anything in stock as it's too precious to the dealer. I need cargo vans for my business & between Amazon buying everything available and the shortages of components to build they are like hens teeth.

We buy our delivery vans 1-2 years old. I've seen them at CarMax, and we have several dealers in our area that specialize in 1-2 year old Cargo vans. We have 2 Ford Transit Vans that we got a good deal on in the past couple of years.

JaysJL

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Altitude
There are several cars being listed over msrp across the country right now
C8 corvette for one
Civic type R is another that I’ve seen upwards of 40k over msrp for the new special edition that just came out.
even my father in law was looking at Kia tellurides and ended up driving hours to go buy one that was only 1200 over msrp while the rest were 5-8k over
In this market right now. You’re best is to hold on to your vehicle. If you have an extra trade sell your car you’re going to trade in because you’ll get way more money now than you will when the chips arrive and cars start to show back up.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There are several cars being listed over msrp across the country right now
C8 corvette for one
Civic type R is another that I’ve seen upwards of 40k over msrp for the new special edition that just came out.
even my father in law was looking at Kia tellurides and ended up driving hours to go buy one that was only 1200 over msrp while the rest were 5-8k over
In this market right now. You’re best is to hold on to your vehicle. If you have an extra trade sell your car you’re going to trade in because you’ll get way more money now than you will when the chips arrive and cars start to show back up.

I looked up my Jeep on KBB and it's showing an average trade-in (not counting upgrades) of $39,500, I paid less than that for it brand new... Craziness!!

Sponsored

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
I would assume this would help the 4xe resale vale?
When the PT Cruiser was first released in 2001, a lot of dealers sold for more than MSRP. That certainly didn't help resell!

I think the fact that you get a $7,500 tax credit for buying new but not used might be a detriment to the resell value of a 4xe.

darawler

First Name
Pulkit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 hyundai santa fe
Occupation
IT
When the PT Cruiser was first released in 2001, a lot of dealers sold for more than MSRP. That certainly didn't help resell!

I think the fact that you get a $7,500 tax credit for buying new but not used might be a detriment to the resell value of a 4xe.
Wouldnt that apply to any car with tax credit similar to the 4xe? Any idea how other cars with such tax credits fare?

OP
OP
Buford T Justice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xE

That was really my point to the post.
The dealer was going to give me much less for my 4xe since the next buyer would not get the 7500 tax credit. Said he would have a hard time moving it.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Do they put that 3000 Family Advantage Crap on everything they sell LOL

I am glad my local store is family run, cant match the 6% below Invoice, but dont jam you with 800 Doc BS and 3K paint protection LOL

30K mark up on a 392 ha?? wait a year. Oh my local store sold a T-Rex at MSRP, guy came from Texas to get it and was happy because local TX dealers where shoving them with 30K mark ups.

Dont pay!
Sponsored