Sponsored

Can 37s fit with the stock Sport/Sahara fenders?

Nano

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2018
At the moment I have 34s with a 2.5” lift from Teraflex on a Sahara JLU.
It’s not rubbing when maxed out, but almost touching the inner fender.

im planning to go with the 37s on 13.5” and install the AAL DLR + removing the inner fenders.
Do you think it will be rubbing with my stock fenders ?

Is there any chance to modify them, so they can be installed higher like the Rubicon?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Nano

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2018
There is a lot of custom stuff going on there, it's hard to say. Best thing to do is use this calculator and measure the clearance you need yourself based on the size of your existing tire.

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/
Thanks Reinen.
im pretty sure it will not rub while driving, but I don’t know if it will rub while the axle is completely articulated with the links disconnected

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Thanks Reinen.
im pretty sure it will not rub while driving, but I don’t know if it will rub while the axle is completely articulated with the links disconnected
Only one way to find out before hand. The calculator will tell you how much closer to the new wheel/tire will be to the fender well, sidewall & suspension and how much further out the outer sidewall will be. Turn your wheels, flex your suspension and measure from your existing tire.

I haven't had to change my fenders so I'm not much help there. But that will tell you if you will rub and how much more room you'll need to find.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Rock Krawler 3.5" X Factor lift and shocks at full travel with stock sport fenders and AAL lights for a Sahara. I trimmed the lips of the fenders off. The inner fenders stayed on but then I removed them too for the aluminum Motobilt ones. I get a little bit of rubbing under extreme flex conditions, but it's just the plastic.

Ret99l87rNIimQbRoFJB5OdUg=w1281-h722-no?authuser=0.jpg

pteCDtmP_g4aBPpKaKOd_YA3Q=w1281-h591-no?authuser=0.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Nano

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2018
Rock Krawler 3.5" X Factor lift and shocks at full travel with stock sport fenders and AAL lights for a Sahara. I trimmed the lips of the fenders off. The inner fenders stayed on but then I removed them too for the aluminum Motobilt ones. I get a little bit of rubbing under extreme flex conditions, but it's just the plastic.

Jeep Wrangler JL Can 37s fit with the stock Sport/Sahara fenders? pteCDtmP_g4aBPpKaKOd_YA3Q=w1281-h591-no?authuser=0

Jeep Wrangler JL Can 37s fit with the stock Sport/Sahara fenders? pteCDtmP_g4aBPpKaKOd_YA3Q=w1281-h591-no?authuser=0
looks good !
And you are rubbing on the back ?
If you are rubbing with a 3.5” lift, for sure it will be rubbing for me with a 2.5” lift.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
looks good !
And you are rubbing on the back ?
If you are rubbing with a 3.5” lift, for sure it will be rubbing for me with a 2.5” lift.
Well to be honest, they are 2.5" springs, but RK doesn't have a specific 2dr part number so I got 3.5" of lift out of them so I ended up getting the RK shocks for 3.5" of lift. I put it on the Metalcloak flex trailer and scored 800 and only had a little rubbing on the fronts.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...tmP_g4aBPpKaKOd_YA3Q=w1281-h591-no?authuser=0

Zqqi7Kp4ZtijEExfAmw9GjTsw=w1112-h834-no?authuser=0.jpg

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport

Ret99l87rNIimQbRoFJB5OdUg=w1281-h722-no?authuser=0.jpg

pteCDtmP_g4aBPpKaKOd_YA3Q=w1281-h591-no?authuser=0.jpg
Not to side track this thread but for the aal lights, when ordering did you get the led or non led? Would a sport that came with halogen lights get the non led to make it work?

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki

Jeep Wrangler JL Can 37s fit with the stock Sport/Sahara fenders? Zqqi7Kp4ZtijEExfAmw9GjTsw=w1112-h834-no?authuser=0

Jeep Wrangler JL Can 37s fit with the stock Sport/Sahara fenders? Zqqi7Kp4ZtijEExfAmw9GjTsw=w1112-h834-no?authuser=0
Good looking Jeep.

Are those -12 offset wheels? Are you running 37's? Did you regear?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Not to side track this thread but for the aal lights, when ordering did you get the led or non led? Would a sport that came with halogen lights get the non led to make it work?
Yes, you'll want to select non led for a Sport with halogens from the factory.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
At the moment I have 34s with a 2.5” lift from Teraflex on a Sahara JLU.
It’s not rubbing when maxed out, but almost touching the inner fender.

im planning to go with the 37s on 13.5” and install the AAL DLR + removing the inner fenders.
Do you think it will be rubbing with my stock fenders ?

Is there any chance to modify them, so they can be installed higher like the Rubicon?
Chopping the factory fenders with gain about 3.5" of clearance up front and about 2" out back.

What is the size and offset/backspace of the wheels that you'll be mounting the 37's on? The more articulation that your setup has, the more the inside shoulder of the tire will lean inwards toward the fender liner when flexed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Can 37s fit with the stock Sport/Sahara fenders? 20200831_111107

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking Jeep.

Are those -12 offset wheels? Are you running 37's? Did you regear?
They have 3.5" backspace with 37's and yes I regeared to 5.13 (Rubicon takeoff 44's with factory lockers).

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
They have 3.5" backspace with 37's and yes I regeared to 5.13 (Rubicon takeoff 44's with factory lockers).
Cool...

Which auxillary switch are you using to control the lockers? Which wiring harness did you use? How do you like the setup?

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Cool...

Which auxillary switch are you using to control the lockers? Which wiring harness did you use? How do you like the setup?
I'm using just generic switches run through a fused relay panel in the engine compartment. You're kind of stuck using the Jeep brand harness and I think they are like $60 ea front and rear. On the upside though there is no computer control so I can lock front or rear on demand at any speed. You MUST put in 4wd first before locking the front. In 2wd the front FAD disengages and the spider gears freewheel so it would be bad to throw the front locker on at speed. The other bonus is you're not screwed when the sensor fails on the locker as the harness has no provision for the sensor anyway. It's been working great and have been all over wheelin with it.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Totally awesome...

From what I have seen, purchasing a set of Rubicon axles seems to be the best way to add lockers to a Sport or Rubicon.

I didn't think about the lack of sensor support though. That is a very good point. No need to pot the sensors.
Sponsored