First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Hello, I was doing some wiring work this weekend for my turn signals and went to take the grill off. I shortly realized I cannot remove it all the way because the bottom of the grill is right up against my poison spyder crawler bumper. This is the best pic I have right now but you can see where the bumper is blocking the bottom inch or so of the grill. It’s like this all the way across and will not allow me to pull the grill and undo the snaps. What are my options here? Do I have to remove the winch and bumper everytime I need to take the grill off?

E92DF3D5-CC5A-49C6-9234-2AD853A6CBFA.jpeg
Sponsored

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Yup, you are gonna have to remove bumper and winch. My GenRight bumper and winch plate have my winch damn close to grill, almost touching. No way around it.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Figure out all the "grill-off" stuff you want to do, and get it done all at once.

G.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
There’s no way I’ll remove my Genright. It was hell getting the modified-by-me nuts started with my Zeon Platinum. I’ll rip the f’n grill off and cut a new one to get it on first. lol

OP
OP
Qjoh5510

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Yup, you are gonna have to remove bumper and winch. My GenRight bumper and winch plate have my winch damn close to grill, almost touching. No way around it.
We’ll that sucks. That bumper was a PITA to put on lol. My winch is just far enough that if the bumper wasn’t in the way I would be able to pull the grill off. If I ever have to pull the grill off again I’m gonna cut the back edge of the bumper off lol. What a terrible design flaw these aftermarket companies seem to have not figured out yet.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I believe I have the same issue with the LOD front bumper.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Same with my Motobilit/Smitty winch combo.

OP
OP
Qjoh5510

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Anyone using a front bumper spacer? I see dv8 makes a spacer to adapt jk bumpers to the JL and adds 2” if outward clearance. I’m willing to bet all these bumpers we have are really just jk bumpers relabeled for the JL because they “fit”. Realistically, only about 1.5” is needed to be able to pull the grill off. A nice solid aluminum spacer with longer bolts would seem to work. I’m no engineer so I can’t say anything about structural integrity and how it would be affected in an accident.
Sponsored