Sponsored

Can’t help but pick on the “little guy”

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Hahahahaha! The irony! I live on acreage in the Florida swamps and jungle. You, on the other hand, live in NYC. Wheel Central Park much? LOL!

If I was rich enough to own two separate vehicles, one for wheeling and one for errands, I guess mine wouldn’t see a parking lot. But alas, that’s not the case. I see plenty of 2-door owners in parking lots running errands who have the same economic conditions. But as most of them live in town, they don’t have to load-up their vehicle with anything but groceries, whereas we live thirty minutes from civilization, causing us to have to stop at the feed store for four to five bags of farm feed and a couple of bales of hay, in addition to loading a week or more of groceries on the same trip.

I’m probably not the average 4-door owner.
You’re have some very serious insecurities. The fact that you draw so much of a sense of self-worth from a vehicle is even more disturbing. Go see a shrink.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I heard today that 2dr JL account for about 10% of all wrangler sales. I wonder how much longer they will be seen as a viable product with such low numbers. And you will have to wonder how much the aftermarket will invest in developing products for the 2dr. Or is that already happening?

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I heard today that 2dr JL account for about 10% of all wrangler sales. I wonder how much longer they will be seen as a viable product with such low numbers. And you will have to wonder how much the aftermarket will invest in developing products for the 2dr. Or is that already happening?
Number of sales ≠ number of enthusiasts, so I think 2-doors are relatively safe with the aftermarket.

I find it hard to believe that Jeep would cancel the two door. It is what defines their brand, sort of like a halo car for other brands but with more tradition and heritage. Also the development costs are likely far less than a completely separate vehicle, so it doesn't cost as much to keep it in production.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
As if "judging" something isn't inherent to the human condition or that it automatically holds a negative connotation. ;)

judge

verb
judged; judging
Definition of judge

transitive verb

1 : to form an opinion about through careful weighing of evidence and testing of premises
It’s human nature, everybody does it to some extent, rather they admit it or not,....:)

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah...that was exactly my point. We all do it...as we should. We form opinions to make sound decisions. If one doesn't form any opinion, then how do you make a decision?

OODA loop...Observe, orient, decide, act.... in order to make that decision you have to judge what you've observed, how you're going to adjust to that information and ultimately what action you'll decide to undertake.

People make the assumption that 'judging' is negative. It's not always...or even primarily.
exactly......:)

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Here, let me finish the first one...."I wanted a Jeep, but I didn't want it to be unable to climb big obstacles due to the wheelbase limitation the 2 dr has. What I gave up though was breakover. The 4 door is a land barge and needs a decent lift and tires to overcome that problem". ;)
That's what I tried to tell all these suckers running 100" wheelbase jeeps in the EMC at KOH this year. Nobody seemed to understand that a 118" wheelbase with 35s or 37s is actually the ideal setup, despite all the evidence and information to the contrary. I mean even the top class guys running 40s are mostly under 118". When will they learn Sean?

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
It’s human nature, everybody does it to some extent, rather they admit it or not,....:)
Absolutely, but there is no need to verbalize it, if it creates friction.
Sean K is a "know it all " but you dont see me on his case do you ?;)

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Let's look at this way.

All you "real" Jeepers that all have a 2 door feel like you are more of a "hard core" Jeep enthusiast, correct? The 4 door folks are mall crawlers right in your mind?

The Jeep is an off road vehicle right and you all feel the 2 door is a better Jeep. Then if the 2 door is so awesome and only the "real" Jeepers own them then how come only 10% of Wrangler sales are 2 door. Either that means that there aren't that many "real" Jeepers or truly you are stuck in your ways and won't admit the 4 door is actually a better off road vehicle and more capable.

I mean seriously a pay phone got the job done years ago, there are just better and more efficient cell phones now.

Caption for the image - "Hey mall crawler, can you come pull me out my 2 door is hung up on a rock and I can't get unstuck"

images.jpg

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I think this thread was started tongue-in-cheek. It is being taken waaay too seriously.

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
admit the 4 door is actually a better off road vehicle and more capable.
This is true. I have never seen a 4 door attempt or complete the main obstacle of one of the trails we have here in SoCal. Presumably because it would be too easy for them, and they don't want to make 2 door owners look bad.

If any of you 4 door guys are ever in town, please let me know so I can take you there! Would be a great learning experience for all of us 2 door plebs.

Video of obstacle, for reference. 1 minute, 25 seconds in.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I think this thread was started tongue-in-cheek. It is being taken waaay too seriously.
Yep. .. but it is still funny to read and see how people get upset :angry: about 2 doors (+/-)....

Very entertaining

:giggle:

:jk:

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Absolutely, but there is no need to verbalize it, if it creates friction.
Sean K is a "know it all " but you dont see me on his case do you ?;)
Disagree that the absence of "friction" is the preferable way of handling even most situations. "Iron sharpens iron". Nothing wrong with that. Worrying about other's feelings shouldn't be disregarded, but it shouldn't be the overarching emphasis of discourse either.
Sponsored