Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Simple enough. The motivation for asking it was my question.
I wanted to see his Jeep. That was the only reason. :like:
Sponsored

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
Humorless? LOL....you're the one who obviously got butt hurt by a facetious label of your behavior. :CWL:

Oh, the irony. :clap: Seems you don't like jokes when they are about you. Starting to see the point? ;)

I find self-deprecating humor to be a better ice breaker if that's your actual goal. :idea: YMMV. :like:

EDIT*** (they, not "the")***
I believe in my heart that I am funny
hqdefault.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
He wasn't talking to you. He was addressing the 4-door JKU/JLU in an anthropomorphic satire. As in he was calling the 4-door a newcomer that needs to respect its roots and sit quietly at the table for a while before touting it's own importance.
You really are new, aren't you?
You wrote he wasn't talking to me. He replied to my Post specifically. Plus he clarified to my post and I replied back to him. So to your question yes I am a new Jeep owner and new to the Jeep world. Excuse me if that doesn't suit your approval. I am not sure if your question is made to insult me or just to ask. Not sure why you would have to ask that because as you have read I have said I am New. So either way, enjoy your Jeep !! I do like your post about 5-doors since we do have the rear door.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
"Lo" and behold...
I guess I should thank you for showing me my error in my haste to write. But since my day was ended lousy. I have to say you are annoying and you know that word assume. It looks like a part is kinda like you. Please forgive my moment of rudeness Jeep world. Wrong place wrong time.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I guess I should thank you for showing me my error in my haste to write. But since my day was ended lousy. I have to say you are annoying and you know that word assume. It looks like a part is kinda like you. Please forgive my moment of rudeness Jeep world. Wrong place wrong time.
Reading your posts, you come off as kind of a jerk, and that you're extremely sensitive, or perhaps not used to interacting with people via forums or online. Posts are done in the order they are posted, and if someone is responding to you directly, they will quote you, just as you passively/ aggressively have done here. I was simply clarifying that a longer tenured member wasn't trying to hurt your butt, which is clearly baby-soft, but only writing a good not-you-related post. I don't really care what kind of day you've had, especially when you come on here spouting at people like a troll (if you're not familiar with that term as it pertains to forums, please look it up and avoid the behavior it describes). When you post the way you do, you invite scrutiny. Perhaps you should only visit us when you're in a better, less adversarial frame of mind. So far, you've been nothing but quick judging, hostile, and defensive, and now you've gone and poked a bear.

If you were to read any of my nearly 1200 posts that have garnered tons of "likes", you'd see that, while often playful and humorous, I am rarely if ever accused of being judgemental, and never have I been called an ass as you have just done.

I have both put together a group buy for some 30 members of this forum, saving them thousands of dollars each as well as created an interactive worksheet to help as many as 50000 members accurately price out their builds.

Perhaps you should return when you actually have something constructive to offer...

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Reading your posts, you come off as kind of a jerk, and that you're extremely sensitive, or perhaps not used to interacting with people via forums or online. Posts are done in the order they are posted, and if someone is responding to you directly, they will quote you, just as you passively/ aggressively have done here. I was simply clarifying that a longer tenured member wasn't trying to hurt your butt, which is clearly baby-soft, but only writing a good not-you-related post. I don't really care what kind of day you've had, especially when you come on here spouting at people like a troll (if you're not familiar with that term as it pertains to forums, please look it up and avoid the behavior it describes). When you post the way you do, you invite scrutiny. Perhaps you should only visit us when you're in a better, less adversarial frame of mind. So far, you've been nothing but quick judging, hostile, and defensive, and now you've gone and poked a bear.

If you were to read any of my nearly 1200 posts that have garnered tons of "likes", you'd see that, while often playful and humorous, I am rarely if ever accused of being judgemental, and never have I been called an ass as you have just done.

I have both put together a group buy for some 30 members of this forum, saving them thousands of dollars each as well as created an interactive worksheet to help as many as 50000 members accurately price out their builds.

Perhaps you should return when you actually have something constructive to offer...
Dont hurt yourself when you fall off that high horse you are on ! That post wasnt necessary.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
This thread is reminding me of some of the numerous “if your Jeep doesn’t have lockers, it’s not a real Jeep” threads. The number of doors or the length of your wheelbase, to the best of my recollection, has yet to be a point of contention... Carry on. :punch:

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
grab-some-popcorn-shits-about-to-go-down-meme.jpg

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
This is what this thread is all about. Size, and metaphors.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Please excuse my rudeness. I was not aware I was being graced by the Great Luke Jeep Walker. May the Jeep be with you!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well sir you are indeed right about my age (30) and my father would have been 64 in March if he were still with us, so close enough there too, but I wasn’t calling you or any four-door owners young, it’s the four-door itself that is young. Even the HMMWV, introduced in 1984 and of course available in two- and four-door variants, is young compared to the jeep. And four-door owners are on average older than two door owners, that ain’t the point I’m making! (I didn’t look that up, just extrapolating from anecdotal evidence and using common sense)
Hello, Tanner. My apologies if I said anything to offend you.

Curtis

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, what happened to Jeep family? This is the kind of stupid shit that made pirate 4x4 such an unpleasant visit if you weren’t uber hardcore. I’ve faced some personal challenges over the past month and this forum has been my escape and go to for some laughs, but this is getting tiring. Guess I should just skip this thread....
I will say this, there’s a lot more important things in life than internet bickering. Whether you’ve got 4 doors or 2, round headlights or square, or even if somebody stuck a bed on the back - if it’s got a 7 slot grill and you can pull the doors and top off, then you are my brothers and sisters, and we are all just a little different than the rest of the world.
Jeep on my friends.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Well I certainly didn’t intend for this to happen. My apologies everyone.
Sponsored