Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Small deadblow and a soft towel
This would be a BIG NO...if you drive the hinge down with a mallet I seriously doubt it will lift off easily the next time.

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
It's a hing alignment issue.

My Mopar tube doors did the same thing until I aligned the hinges on the door side.

Your case is likely the body side is out of alignment.

OP
OP
k.daddy

k.daddy

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2019 Wrangler Moab
I received my new TMR Customs door hinge liners. The old ones were easy enough to remove with the provided tool. The new hinge liners slide right in no problem. Im having the same problem -the door hinge pins wont slide all the way into the lower hinge. Swapping out the hinger liners didn't solve my problem. any ideas?

TowDawg

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited, BMW 535M, Dodge Viper, Hummer H1, race cars, motorhome, general toys.
I would love to take my doors off and the hinge pin liners are the least of my worries, it’s the elec door connectors that scare me as I have heard horror stories about pins coming out or power windows not working when reconnected
I've had my doors on and off a LOT on both my 2019 and my 2020 and haven't ever had any sort of electrical issue. If people are damaging the plugs/pins, it's probably because they aren't using the correct procedure to unlock, disconnect them. That, or their damaging the side attached to the door while moving/storing the doors.
As long as you move the locking piece and then flip the "handle" properly, it almost unplugs itself. Then tuck the connector on the door side into the pocket of the door so it can't get damaged.
I guess they could be taking the door prop AND door strap loose before disconnecting the electrical plug and the door opens too far and causes damage to the wiring. To avoid that, just make sure you always unplug the connector before removing the door strap and always hook the door strap up before reconnecting the plug.
Sponsored