Can’t get a drawing off plastic fender

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Damn, that must just be a very bad rendering of male genitalia because it never crossed my mind until @MORTON said so. :facepalm: I actually thought someone was trying to draw a square Jeep with 2 wheels and didn't have time to finish the drawing:LOL:
Same here, bad artist.
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
IceIceBaybee

IceIceBaybee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Mojito!
Damn. A lot of options to remedy this offered up. This is super unfortunate for you, but the image is pretty funny. I was reading your post before I scrolled down to the pic and when I saw the pic I laughed out loud.
It was very frustrating when I washed the mud away and was left with....that...but I can't help but laugh now. I know whoever did had no intention of etching that into the fender.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Thought about this- hate to get them involved for just a fender drawing lol
It is a dick on your fender man. permanent. Do you wanna be driving around with a dick on your fender? wanna be the dick Jeep for years? It would be treated as a small claim, very quickly like when glass windshield breaks.

Unless you are the actual artist. Tell the truth :CWL:

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
It was very frustrating when I washed the mud away and was left with....that...but I can't help but laugh now. I know whoever did had no intention of etching that into the fender.
Have you tried anything yet? My GF did something similar and the Meguiar's cleared it up instantly.

OP
OP
IceIceBaybee

IceIceBaybee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Mojito!
Have you tried anything yet? My GF did something similar and the Meguiar's cleared it up instantly.
I tried a few suggestions. The vinegar/WD-40 although recommended as a temporary solution did help. You can still see it though... I looked through the products and found a plastic restorer by The Car Guys on amazon. I have their wax/polish and it works really well so that arrives tonight and I will give it a shot. I will go for Meguiar's if that does nothing and after that- a new fender.

Sponsored

OP
OP
IceIceBaybee

IceIceBaybee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Mojito!
It is a dick on your fender man. permanent. Do you wanna be driving around with a dick on your fender? wanna be the dick Jeep for years? It would be treated as a small claim, very quickly like when glass windshield breaks.

Unless you are the actual artist. Tell the truth :CWL:
I have a product arriving tonight from The Car Guys- Plastic restorer. If that doesn't do anything I will probably go this route. Hard to get ahold of a 2020 JL fender from what I have seen.

No I am not the artist- I would hope I could do a better job than that lol.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Yes. It’s both unfortunate and funny, but you still have a penis etched into your fender. Sorry, had to do that again. LOL.

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Here's an idea - just like some people do with tattoos, continue the "drawing" under as close as possible the same condition the original drawing was done in, and change it to something else less bothersome. Since there's so few lines to it, you could change it into a heck of a lot of things...

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Here's an idea - just like some people do with tattoos, continue the "drawing" under as close as possible the same condition the original drawing was done in, and change it to something else less bothersome. Since there's so few lines to it, you could change it into a heck of a lot of things...
LOL! Please offer some “like what’s”! Kidding. It’s a penis, .....a la Austin Powers analogies.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Before I tried anything permanent like using abrasives, I would try a semi permanent plastic treatment. I have had good luck with WIpeNew. It really darkens the the black plastics and seems to last for a while. If it doesn't work, you're not really out anything but the money.
Sponsored