Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I think you’re going to end up replacing that.
Upgrade time? Either a set of Rubicon take offs or Bushwackers.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Scratches on plastic are basically little shavings that are still attached. Providing everything is cleaned, you could take a heat gun and gently melt the shavings and as @Glamisfan mentioned above it should hide the abrasions. The only warning is at some point down the road, the heated area will fade differently than the area around it and it will take on a grayscale camouflage appearance. But it will help in the short term.
I think proper application of heat to smooth out the surface is the most permanent solution, but I've tried heat a few times on deeper scratches with only marginal success. A new fender is about $120 shipped if it comes to that.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I think proper application of heat to smooth out the surface is the most permanent solution, but I've tried heat a few times on deeper scratches with only marginal success. A new fender is about $120 shipped if it comes to that.
I would just draw a matching 8==D on the other fender

..just sayn

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It might be worth trying this ; clean with alcohol, scrub with Scotch Brite, mask and spray with Krylon Satin Black, or whatever is formulated to adhere to plastics...
You might have to do the rear fender to match if noticeable, but simple, and cheaper than replacing..

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Damn, that must just be a very bad rendering of male genitalia because it never crossed my mind until @MORTON said so. :facepalm: I actually thought someone was trying to draw a square Jeep with 2 wheels and didn't have time to finish the drawing:LOL:

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, that must just be a very bad rendering of male genitalia because it never crossed my mind until @MORTON said so. :facepalm: I actually thought someone was trying to draw a square Jeep with 2 wheels and didn't have time to finish the drawing:LOL:
Brandy... really...

star_trek_ugh.Gif

JP18

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I'm surprised that people are mentioning black plastic related polish. This fender is obviously painted, not black.

That being said, the paint used to match the body is just like paint that is on the body parts. It is alterable with finishing compound and an orbital, and if that doesn't work, you can try rubbing compound and a light touch.

I had a 2012 VW Passat with a navy blue metallic coat that had a lot of water stains... I was able to bring it back using the orbital, rubbing, then polishing compound, and then waxing.

JP18

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm surprised that people are mentioning black plastic related polish. This fender is obviously painted, not black.

That being said, the paint used to match the body is just like paint that is on the body parts. It is alterable with finishing compound and an orbital, and if that doesn't work, you can try rubbing compound and a light touch.

I had a 2012 VW Passat with a navy blue metallic coat that had a lot of water stains... I was able to bring it back using the orbital, rubbing, then polishing compound, and then waxing.

JP18
This is not a painted fender. It’s just back plastic.