Sponsored

Can’t get a drawing off plastic fender

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
At least they got the correct proportion of the left nut.

Unfortunately, as another member stated, that mud was gritty and has clearly scratched it.

Funny joke gone bad here.
Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Damn. A lot of options to remedy this offered up. This is super unfortunate for you, but the image is pretty funny. I was reading your post before I scrolled down to the pic and when I saw the pic I laughed out loud.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Just put a 8 inch lift kit on it, and slap some 44 inch tires on it. Problem solved. :clap:

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Haha, I had a feeling it was gonna be this type of art work as soon as I read the title. Funny as hell, but sucks that it did that damage.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Random orbital on plastic? Lol

No, dont do that
Yes, do that. Lol. I’ve done it at least a dozen times. On plastic. I don’t know why you wouldn’t, but I’m speaking from personal experience doing it successfully. If you’re not comfortable with it, take it to a skilled pro as I suggested.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Hi everyone,

Looking for advice. Took the Jeep out and had some fun. There was mud on the fenders and some lovely artist decided to draw on it which resulted in this etched in image below. I’ve scrubbed and hit this with everything I have. Has anyone dealt with this? it’s a little better now but this is what I am left with.

upload_2019-10-20_13-42-28.jpeg

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Hi everyone,

Looking for advice. Took the Jeep out and had some fun. There was mud on the fenders and some lovely artist decided to draw on it which resulted in this etched in image below. I’ve scrubbed and hit this with everything I have. Has anyone dealt with this? it’s a little better now but this is what I am left with.

I used a product called (forever black). you can google it, some auto parts stores have it. I used it on my JK and it was wonderful. They make several products just remember to get the one that has dye in it. It dries super fast and I used a foam brush. I used it once a year or so.

Sponsored

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
I would try a Magic Eraser - they have a very, very minor abrasive quality to them- might be just right for the soft plastic.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,

Sorry this happened dude, if it was me, I’d buy some rubi take off fenders. I doubt you’ll get that out unfortunately.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Well I have used a heat gun on old motorcycle plastics that brings the shine back and takes away light scratches.. you can try it knowing that if all else fails you would be replacing it anyway. Sorry to see this happen. Things could have been worse I guess and minor at the end of the day.
Sponsored