Sponsored

Can’t exceed $40K all in...

Utvolman99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328xi
All, I am starting a new job that apparently comes with a company car. I was told my budget was $40K all in. I was also told my peers drive a Nissan Murano, Ford Edge and Grand Cherokee.
I have been looking at a JL as a third vehicle anyway and thought this might be a good opportunity. However, the setup I’m looking at has an MSRP of just over $40k. I’m looking at a Sport S, manual with the technology and cold weather packages, and a hard top. I’m assuming the dealership will work with me but I thought I would see what you guys thought or if you had any advice?
Sponsored

Deleted member

All, I am starting a new job that apparently comes with a company car. I was told my budget was $40K all in. I was also told my peers drive a Nissan Murano, Ford Edge and Grand Cherokee.
I have been looking at a JL as a third vehicle anyway and thought this might be a good opportunity. However, the setup I’m looking at has an MSRP of just over $40k. I’m looking at a Sport S, manual with the technology and cold weather packages, and a hard top. I’m assuming the dealership will work with me but I thought I would see what you guys thought or if you had any advice?
Can you do a factory order with a dealer that sells under invoice price? That may give you some room to play

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
Should be able to do that on an 18' if you can find the one you want.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Pretty sweet gig !

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I got an '18 JLU Sport S for $38k, with some options. I bet you can do even better now that the '19s are out. Or find an older JK for like around $30k and put $10k into it, so you can customize it the way you like it.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I get an MSRP of $39.820 for that combination
5% below invoice is around $36,600
Assuming 7.5% sales tax
Around $50 for tag and title
say $500 doc fee (depends on your dealer)

That puts me at just under $40,000. I think it is doable.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Things to consider is if part of your job required long travels and taking out customers in your vehicle a JL is not a great choice.

Having a company car and a JL on the side is pretty sweet deal, tho. Keep in mind you'll most likely want to mod or at least personalize the Jeep and doing that on company car is money wasted (assuming its even allowed).

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Things to consider is if part of your job required long travels and taking out customers in your vehicle a JL is not a great choice.

Having a company car and a JL on the side is pretty sweet deal, tho. Keep in mind you'll most likely want to mod or at least personalize the Jeep and doing that on company car is money wasted (assuming its even allowed).
According to his signature he has a BMW sedan and was looking at the Wrangler as a third vehicle.

Good point on the Mods.
Sponsored