Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, because the Government think we are all idiots and can't think for ourselves so they put these safety feature in our vehicles!!!
Because most people are idiots.
Sponsored

JeepDad33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I’ll take back for a refund if anyone wants to return their tazer over APKill - if purchase in the past 6 months - which is around when FCA patched the PCM/TCM code.
I have worked vigilantly to find another way, but have not been successful so far.

Keep in mind there is no other fix from any other manufacturer. There’s currently no way around it.

Thanks again for everyone’s continued support.
-Joe
We have faith in you Joe! Good luck

OP
OP
mazeppa

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Seatbelt fastened behind my back works well enough for the rare occasions I actually need AutoPark disabled. In fact sometime I push the mute button on the Uconnect instead of the start button when I want to shut off the Jeep, maybe I am better off that AutoPark is not disabled all the time.

I am happy with my Tazer JL and would not return it just because of AutoPark.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So you basically want to drive off without your seat belt and the door half open.
Yes, that's EXACTLY what we want to do, because this is America, not North Korea. We don't want the government interfering with our lives and making simple tasks more difficult for us.

For those curious, the software update Joe is talking about came out around May or June of 2018. It was apparently labeled as an airbag recall. I had the flash done on mine at the end of June 2018, which happened before Joe added AutoPark Kill to the Tazer features list. That's the reason why it's never worked for me. I didn't realize that if you had an early build JL that did NOT have the airbag recall performed, AP Kill would work.

After all these months, it finally makes sense why AP Kill worked on some JLs and not others.

Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, that's EXACTLY what we want to do, because this is America, not North Korea. We don't want the government interfering with our lives and making simple tasks more difficult for us.
Please don't quote me out of context. I never said I was in favor of the Auto Park function, my response was to the original poster who said that when he and his wife move vehicles around they pull out into the road.

"So you basically want to drive off without your seat belt and the door half open. Hmmm, maybe autopark was made just for you. Sorry to be a smart azz, but seat belts save lives and I have no use for people that don't wear them. Even if your just moving vehicles around your driveway you said "she could get hit by another car and injured since she is sitting in the middle of the street" then even more reason to have it on. And if your door is not shut you should have a light and an chime I believe - unless you disabled that too. Reminds me of cranes toppling over when the operator is ignoring the lights and warnings buzzers."

OP
OP
mazeppa

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
The only time I need Auto Park disabled is for backing a trailer at very low speed into limited visibility areas in low light conditions when alone. Sometime while backing, I may get in/out sever times to check my surroundings, other times just to look back down low behind the Jeep with the door open while backing the trailer slowly. All or most other occasions for me Auto Park is transparent and a good safety feature.

So just buckle the seat belt behind your back for the limited occasions Auto Park is an inconvenience.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Bummer about Auto Park. I hate it. Also hate that the garage door opener is only powered with the engine running, no worky in accessory mode.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's worth repeating in case FCA is reading...

**** AutoPark and the people who decided to make it mandatory on every FCA vehicle....and the horses they rode in on.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Bummer about Auto Park. I hate it. Also hate that the garage door opener is only powered with the engine running, no worky in accessory mode.
@roaniecowpony

The garage door opener issue you mentioned can be worked around with say 20 mins. of effort. An easy remedy at that..

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
If you park outside the power to the garage door opener being off is a nice touch as I personally would not want someone getting into my JL and just pressing a button and have access to my garage

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
If you park outside the power to the garage door opener being off is a nice touch as I personally would not want someone getting into my JL and just pressing a button and have access to my garage
It should be a configurable setting. You're correct that I wouldn't want someone to be able to open my garage from the driveway, but I park in the garage and often get in my car then open the garage door.

JMurph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Is there any solution to this issue yet. Auto Park still does not work in our JL as I described above.
Sometimes when we back out of our garage into the street and then attempt to shift into drive the f*&**ing Auto Park is engaged and we cannot move the Jeep.
This freaks my wife out. We have to open and close the driver's side door, shift into Park then Drive, meantime if she gets rattled she could get hit by another car and injured since she is sitting in the middle of the street.
This asinine Auto Park is dangerous. The problem happens because sometimes by accident the driver's side door is not fully closed. It looks and sounds closed but it is not quite fully closed. We have to open the door and slam it closed harder then shift into Park then Drive. We need this Auto Park Disable feature to actually work, that is the main reason we bought the Tazer.
Until Then, I bought a “seatbelt clip tether” from a pet store. When I need to defeat the system, just plug it into the drivers seat belt clip.

image.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Until Then, I bought a “seatbelt clip tether” from a pet store. When I need to defeat the system, just plug it into the drivers seat belt clip.
@JMurph

Yes, I to use a seat belt clip. Mine cost about a $1.00+ .. got it on eBAY.

sb-clip.jpg

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmmm it’s not supposed to work that way. AP Kill should be killing autopark, 4 seconds after the Jeep is started you should see “autopark disabled” pop up on the dash and seatbelt or no seatbelt, door open the Jeep should move.

Sounds like some of you aren’t getting that same result?
Tazer JL Mini with 11.1.5 on Rubicon 3.6L and never seen the Auto Park feature on Live Menu. I ask several times. Everything else works fine.
Sponsored