Can’t help but pick on the “little guy”

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
Ha, I've been holding out on ordering a JL since the first indicated a diesel would be available - and of course they then only offer it in a JLU. Now will be ordering a JL with probably the 3.6L (although I go back and forth on this once a week:)).
You might want to watch that video as he asked the Jeep guy about the 2-door getting a diesel, his answer probably will keep you planted squarely on top of the fence as you are now...he didn’t say never...
Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
You might want to watch that video as he asked the Jeep guy about the 2-door getting a diesel, his answer probably will keep you planted squarely on top of the fence as you are now...he didn’t say never...
Already have the ok from my comptroller (aka wife) to order the Jeep - have to strike while the iron is hot so to speak.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
@Laststand
Make sure the jeep you get is socially acceptable to the random dudes on the internet forums. :rock:
Having been in many USMC/Navy squadrons I've developed a very thick skin - you'd never survive in one if you didn't. Internet trolls don't even register as a minor irritant:). My Jeep will be very classic - none of those SEMA "Jeeps" in my garage.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, a couple butt hurt people does not determine the fun of this thread, We can keep giggling and move on.

I am thinking that my 4d has enough room for my wife's shoe bag for when we travel. So you guys with 2drs that travel and off road with you'r woman, do you cut her down to a couple pairs of shoes or can she bring the bag?

Hiking boots, walking shoes, running shoes, mud boots, sandals, In the car shoes, and slip on shoes for when she gets out of the camper in the nignt and a pair of shoes incase any of those other ones get wet shoes......
you can fit stuff in your jeep!!??

I can't fit nuttin' in my 2 door!!!

Now I'm envious.... but still wouldn't trade my 2 door for a 4 door

:LOL:

Sponsored

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Hey, a couple butt hurt people does not determine the fun of this thread, We can keep giggling and move on.

I am thinking that my 4d has enough room for my wife's shoe bag for when we travel. So you guys with 2drs that travel and off road with you'r woman, do you cut her down to a couple pairs of shoes or can she bring the bag?

Hiking boots, walking shoes, running shoes, mud boots, sandals, In the car shoes, and slip on shoes for when she gets out of the camper in the nignt and a pair of shoes incase any of those other ones get wet shoes......
2 day trip & the wife packs a large suitcase. I use a small duffle bag & she aka: “can you fit a couple pairs of my shoes & now blowdryer?” Happens every time. LOL. now I use a small roll-aboard suitcase planning ahead to carry her shoes, blowdryer, & sweaters. She’ll pack until there isn’t anymore room if I get a bigger suitcase so what’s the point?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The real funny thing is a kid in a 1000 dollar beater XJ would out wheel 90% of us on this forum. Just saying.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Having been in many USMC/Navy squadrons I've developed a very thick skin - you'd never survive in one if you didn't. Internet trolls don't even register as a minor irritant:). My Jeep will be very classic - none of those SEMA "Jeeps" in my garage.
Thank you for your service, Devil Dog!

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So I am headed up North to do some winter snow camping and trail running with 6 Jeeps, Three JLUs, on ZL, on JKU and one XJ. While we are filling up at the gas station,,,,,imagine that 6 jeeps needing gas, a lady in her late sixties or so pulled up and asked if I knew anyone that was looking for a Jeep? So I say what you got. She shows me this... A 99 XJ. She has owned it since new. She is getting ready to move and needs it gone. New radiator, runs great, clean on the inside, does not leak any fluids, She wants 1200, I tell her I will look at it on Sunday on our way back through from camping.

So I stop and look at it, the rockers are rusted, expected that, the rear brakes need attention and the passenger front power window does not work well. Everything else works great. I took it on a 10 mile test drive, The motor is smooth and clean, shifts great, transfer case was a little stiff going into 4L, but I doubt she ever used 4L. voltage reads between almost 14 amps, the temp stated at about 208, runs about 50psi for oil pressure, drives straight and true, I was amazed at how well it drove. I offered her 800 and she begrudgingly took it. Just finished driving it about 120 miles home. It is a great beater with a heater. Plan to park my JLUR for the winter and run this until spring and then build it into a cheap trail rig for my wife.

It is a little fella, Then next summer, it will be lifted with 35s and I will talk shit about JLs driving around obstacles and mud holes.

zFpMFXuzmC3B5E5bECInNSpchn_CtvhLVeCFNUjIgscVRl_Y4E3GgR66C0Rr82uXZxafrMnROruZWjCCJk=w1010-h757-no.jpg

If your in Lansing, you better wave...lol

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
So I am headed up North to do some winter snow camping and trail running with 6 Jeeps, Three JLUs, on ZL, on JKU and one XJ. While we are filling up at the gas station,,,,,imagine that 6 jeeps needing gas, a lady in her late sixties or so pulled up and asked if I knew anyone that was looking for a Jeep? So I say what you got. She shows me this... A 99 XJ. She has owned it since new. She is getting ready to move and needs it gone. New radiator, runs great, clean on the inside, does not leak any fluids, She wants 1200, I tell her I will look at it on Sunday on our way back through from camping.

So I stop and look at it, the rockers are rusted, expected that, the rear brakes need attention and the passenger front power window does not work well. Everything else works great. I took it on a 10 mile test drive, The motor is smooth and clean, shifts great, transfer case was a little stiff going into 4L, but I doubt she ever used 4L. voltage reads between almost 14 amps, the temp stated at about 208, runs about 50psi for oil pressure, drives straight and true, I was amazed at how well it drove. I offered her 800 and she begrudgingly took it. Just finished driving it about 120 miles home. It is a great beater with a heater. Plan to park my JLUR for the winter and run this until spring and then build it into a cheap trail rig for my wife.

It is a little fella, Then next summer, it will be lifted with 35s and I will talk shit about JLs driving around obstacles and mud holes.

zFpMFXuzmC3B5E5bECInNSpchn_CtvhLVeCFNUjIgscVRl_Y4E3GgR66C0Rr82uXZxafrMnROruZWjCCJk=w1010-h757-no.jpg

If your in Lansing, you better wave...lol
Congrats, Ted!

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
good find on the xj and for 800 bucks. cant go wrong with that.
Sponsored