Sponsored

Camping setup (don’t want a rooftop tent)

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
Will the T3X fit across the back seats? I'm trying to decide between a T4 on the roof rack or a T3X in the back seats and measurements aren't quite telling the whole story.
If you lay it across the back seat, the armrests in the door might get in the way, depending on how the poles are laying. It will lay across the floor in front of the back seat and allow the doors to close without force, though it definitely is a snug fit.
Sponsored

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you lay it across the back seat, the armrests in the door might get in the way, depending on how the poles are laying. It will lay across the floor in front of the back seat and allow the doors to close without force, though it definitely is a snug fit.
Awesome, that's what I needed to know. Thank you so much!

linuxos77

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
Not sure on the roof top tent thing, but we've been vehicle ground camping for years. Couple tips I've picked up along the way (not Jeep specific) are pack everything in totes (they're water proof and stack nicely), self inflate sleeping pad is best comfort to size/weight ROI, and a good cooler just for holding ice and nothing else pays dividends (pull ice out say one/twice a day tops to cheaper coolers with the food/drinks).

Tents rarely fit back in their original bags, we have a tote just for tent, extra tarps, extra guy wires/stakes, battery lantern, and bug spray (trust me on this one). We have the Coleman Octagon 98, it good size, at 6'2" I can stand in it, has 360 degrees of open windows for the day, and not too $$$. https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Octagon-Full-Rainfly-Signature/dp/B00I2SZWNC

Storey21

First Name
Trish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4 door
I have many different setups, depending on what type of trip I do. Pop up shelter that becomes kitchen/dry gear storage space. one bin that has backpacking cooking gear, utensils, hygiene needs, lighting, fuel/oil for the chainsaw. Chainsaw/axe always comes with me. Then one bag of clothes, water, and a small bin for food storage if it’s going to be a long trip. Im doing more sandwiches, oatmeal, and canned soups/chili to keep the cooking gear needs down. A small cooler filled with ice that’s added to the drinks when they’re consumed. My foam mattress, and some good sleeping gear. I’m really trying to keep the gear needs pared down. When I started I had way too much stuff, and it makes it frustrating having to keep track of it all. Simplify your gear, it’s a game changer. Also, setting up an IPad with some of your favourite movies is amazing when paired with a Bluetooth speaker.
Sponsored