Sponsored

Camping and Jeeping between Phoenix in Sedona… Need some advice..

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
We are camping on BLM Between Phoenix and Sedona what trails would you recommend us to take. We already plan on doing broken Arrow and the three badge trails what else is a not miss thanks guys.
Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
We are camping on BLM Between Phoenix and Sedona what trails would you recommend us to take. We already plan on doing broken Arrow and the three badge trails what else is a not miss thanks guys.
Jerome! Not for jeeping, but because it's an awesome quirky town decaying and sliding down the mountain. It's just south of Sedona.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I read Soldier Pass was pretty awesome in Sedona, but sadly my trip got canceled so I don’t know firsthand.
You need to reserve that on recreation.gov

DesertDweller520

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
I just left Sedona, do not bother driving Soliders Pass, it was absolutely terrible. Maybe a 2 mile trail which was extremely easy. Not sure how they rate it difficult in most places. On top of that I was driving around groups of hiker’s who looked at us as we were the scum of the earth for being in a Jeep haha.

Broken Arrow is a great drive, pink jeeps are kind of annoying as I’m sure you know but the trail is pretty fun, still not overly difficult but fun.

Diamondback Gulch was decent, Outlaw trail is great for an easy drive and the ruins are a very short walk and very cool to see. Cliffhanger was pretty good. Also House Mt has an incredible view at the end and we were the only ones on that trail which was nice.

I’d pick from those in Sedona but if you are looking for more technical trails I’d look just north northwest of phoenix where you can find Elvis , terminator and a few others that will give you a run for your money.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I just left Sedona, do not bother driving Soliders Pass, it was absolutely terrible. Maybe a 2 mile trail which was extremely easy. Not sure how they rate it difficult in most places. On top of that I was driving around groups of hiker’s who looked at us as we were the scum of the earth for being in a Jeep haha.

Broken Arrow is a great drive, pink jeeps are kind of annoying as I’m sure you know but the trail is pretty fun, still not overly difficult but fun.

Diamondback Gulch was decent, Outlaw trail is great for an easy drive and the ruins are a very short walk and very cool to see. Cliffhanger was pretty good. Also House Mt has an incredible view at the end and we were the only ones on that trail which was nice.

I’d pick from those in Sedona but if you are looking for more technical trails I’d look just north northwest of phoenix where you can find Elvis , terminator and a few others that will give you a run for your money.
Thanks. This is good info for us.

Sponsored

IrrationalCPA

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, F-150 Tremor, 991.2T
Backside of Crown King has always been a good go to, plus you can get food and refreshments at the top from the local restaurants, and it will let you back out on the I17

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
I like to drive through Prescott, then Jerome very scenic.

Schnebly Hill road is easy trail with incredible views.

Some incredible hiking in Red Rock State Park.
Sponsored