Sponsored

Camp Jeep - San Diego Auto Show - New JL?

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
The San Diego Auto show starts Thursday the 28th of December. They create an off-road course called Camp Jeep.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/experi...o-international-auto-show-tickets-41337937885

This is the press briefing attached but it doesn't mention JK or JL.

If they let you drive the JL I'll go this weekend if not I'll pass as I went to the LA Show. They will have the Jeep there on the showroom floor at the very least.
Sponsored

Attachments

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
We couldn't even touch the JL at the Indy Auto Show, so don't hold your breath.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
My money’s on the JL. They aren’t going to be showing off an old model.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
E5A1352C-CFFE-4DD8-AA6F-3CFDC178A926.jpeg
9668938B-D19E-4679-907C-8AA977107C32.jpeg
A4E89CD1-5D1A-4E85-AC4E-F193BCBA93D6.jpeg
4C00E2AA-E963-4D54-AAB1-431E48C1C466.jpeg
6E1FBF59-23F7-468F-B102-F40643F96820.jpeg
Just a heads up so people don’t waste their time. They had 2 JL’s here at the SD auto show one 4 door Sahara and one 2 door rubicon. The Sahara was open but blocked off so you couldn’t get in and the rubicon was locked shut. Camp Jeep only wranglers riding on the course were JK’s. I will say I thought the soft top seemed really well made. Wish I could have gotten in it.

Sponsored

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well crap! I'm on my way there now.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well crap! I'm on my way there now.
Maybe they unlocked it since I was there. I got there right at opening I wanted to beat the crowds in hopes to sit inside the new JL. I asked one of the Jeep Lady’s and they were surprised the Rubicon wasn’t open. She told me they should open it up. I went back an hour later and it was still locked so I assume they aren’t letting us regular folk inside them yet lol

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
Wow thats nothing compared to the LA show. Looks like I'll just stay home. I was really looking forward to camp jeep with the new jl.

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Still locked. Doesn't look like there is a plan to unlock it. Maybe on Saturday?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I am going tommorow

Sponsored

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So, I was able to pull up on the soft top just above the window on the two door rubicon and stick my entire hand inside. How is that possible? If that is a production top, that's horrible. I'm hoping that was some pre production top. And the back window, I could pull up the flap and stick a couple of fingers inside. I really can't believe that would be what we get.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
So, I was able to pull up on the soft top just above the window on the two door rubicon and stick my entire hand inside. How is that possible? If that is a production top, that's horrible. I'm hoping that was some pre production top. And the back window, I could pull up the flap and stick a couple of fingers inside. I really can't believe that would be what we get.
Was it the front window above the door or the rear window (part of the soft top)?
On the back you say flap, the large window or more on the side?

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Had a feeling something wasn’t right when I saw soft top removal videos that didn’t require the door to be opened. Seems like they decreased security of the top just to make it easier to fold down/up..??

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Was it the front window above the door or the rear window (part of the soft top)?
On the back you say flap, the large window or more on the side?
I pulled it up on the rear window part. It wasn’t loose you had to pull at it and would take some effort to try and break in if that’s what you would be concerned of. I thought the overlap was nice as to prevent any leaks I didn’t try to put my whole hand in like the other member.

But since the back windows slide out it is to be expected that there is some sort of disconnect there.

Not having a JK I am not real familiar with their soft tops and how tight fitting they are. My personal opinion was that the soft top seemed top quality to me.
Sponsored