Cameras and radio not working

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2021 JLUR on order
2021 JLUR. Little backstory. Had lift, new tires, RSE sliders, and re-location bracket installed earlier this week. With the tires, the shop added the tazer to adjust the tire size. With the re-location bracket, I wasn't entirely happy with how high the tire sits now. It's the RC version, and I have 35's. Read around, and some people said 35's would fit without a bracket, so figured I'd try taking it off today and see if it did work.

That didn't work, so had to put it back on. Will be shopping around for a better solution...

Afterwards though, my radio is cutting in and out (doesn't matter the source...phone, sirius, FM, etc...) with what sounds like a very "noisy" signal, and the rear and front cameras aren't working.

I've found other threads about uconnect updates, which sounds very similar, it's just odd to me it happened at the same time I was messing around with the camera in the back. Although, I didn't know if it worked before that today, as I didn't drive it until after I did that. I took it back off, doesn't seem there's any shorts, and the camera is connected. I looked on the uconnect website and my VIN shows now available uconnect updates.

I thought maybe it was the tazer, so I un-married it and that didn't help either. I did pull the fuse to the radio, and did notice after that the quality of audio got better, it's not "noisy" but it still cuts out every few seconds.

I'm at a loss at this point. For one, I don't see how even if I did something to the camera, it'd be affecting the radio output. It doesn't *seem* like an update, but maybe there's one and the website isn't reporting it, and I'm just unlucky in my timing with messing with the spare tire bracket.

I'm going out on my first trail day in this thing bright and early in the morning, and a bit bummed that the cameras aren't working and I can't even listen to music. I've read some people just wait and try the next day and it's fixed. Hoping that's the case.

Any other ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
hazylogic

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well after letting it sit a while went back and put it in run. It came up on the Uconnect app screen, rather than the SXM screen I usually leave it on. The audio seems okay, the backup cam is wonky now (see picture, but sort of working) and the front cam won’t open at all. Maybe there is some update happening...

Jeep Wrangler JL Cameras and radio not working F0891206-1BE6-46C8-A788-4A4C9D263456

OP
OP
hazylogic

hazylogic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
....aaand now it all magically works. What an annoying day.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I bet it was an update. I can always tell when mine updates as some of my Sirius channels will magically change. It annoys the piss out of me. It took me a couple updates to figure it out. That heppened today, and CarPlay was funky for a while. Once everything is downloaded and updated, stuff returns to normal.

SCrubicon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2022 F250 KR
Mine is doing the exact same thing now. It's been to the dealer twice and had the radio replaced and it didn't fix it. Currently waiting for the dealership to determine next step. Anyone else have this issue?

jacobhorn

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 4xe Unlimited
I am having this exact issue with my 2001 Wrangler 4xe, and taking mine into the Dealer for an evaluation in two days. From what i've read, a camera replacement is likely the correct fix, but I'll have to wait and see what my dealer's service department finds/thinks. Hopefullfy they will be cooperative and open to a camera replacement before giong through a bunch of other steps (that likely won't help) first.
Sponsored