Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Soooooo close, yet so far away.

My wife took our Jeep to the dealer for an oil change and tire rotation last week. While there she found 2020 Sarge Green Rubi with the beige interior and color matched roof/fenders. She even texted me a picture so I replied back to her to go ahead and test drive it. A few hours later, after my work was done for the day, I went to the dealer to check it out for myself. This particular Wrangler has the turbo 2.0 (non hybrid) so I at least wanted to form an opinion on it. After a test drive I asked him what deals they’re making and he firmly replied, we’re only selling at MSRP. No negotiation.

Seriously? Well, that was one way to save me from a new downpayment.

Anyways, it’s a damn good looking color.
50245922743_d962c64dac_c.jpg
Sponsored

Hilaryl1983

First Name
Hilary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ocean blue Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
Lololol true, great way to save $! No deals is insane. Dealer seems awfully confident. $10 says you get a call if you left your info with him, probably in the next week or so. When it sits on lot for full price.

RobTeazy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Volvo XC40, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I went through something similar about two months ago. One of my local dealerships had one on the lot with 90% of the options I wanted, so I figured if the price was right, then I would go for it. They wouldn't budge from MSRP, so I walked. They called a week later and said they could do $1,000 off MSRP. Well, I decided to order a 2021 from another place that is 9% below invoice. You would think they would be trying to move the 2020's to make from for the 2021's but in my experience the places I have dealt with don't seem to care if they make any sales.

Stain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I went through something similar about two months ago. One of my local dealerships had one on the lot with 90% of the options I wanted, so I figured if the price was right, then I would go for it. They wouldn't budge from MSRP, so I walked. They called a week later and said they could do $1,000 off MSRP. Well, I decided to order a 2021 from another place that is 9% below invoice. You would think they would be trying to move the 2020's to make from for the 2021's but in my experience the places I have dealt with don't seem to care if they make any sales.
About to place an order in the immediate future for a 2021 at 7.5% below invoice. Would you mind sharing where you got 9% below? thx.

Sponsored

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Soooooo close, yet so far away.

My wife took our Jeep to the dealer for an oil change and tire rotation last week. While there she found 2020 Sarge Green Rubi with the beige interior and color matched roof/fenders. She even texted me a picture so I replied back to her to go ahead and test drive it. A few hours later, after my work was done for the day, I went to the dealer to check it out for myself. This particular Wrangler has the turbo 2.0 (non hybrid) so I at least wanted to form an opinion on it. After a test drive I asked him what deals they’re making and he firmly replied, we’re only selling at MSRP. No negotiation.

Seriously? Well, that was one way to save me from a new downpayment.

Anyways, it’s a damn good looking color.
Jeep Wrangler JL Came close to upgrading to a Rubi. 50245922743_d962c64dac_c
How did you like the non hybrid 2.0? Ive been wanting to order a 2021 but I dont really want the etorque in the 3.6 and I dont want to get a manual to get the regular 3.6, I would love the diesel but I dont think I want to deal with the emissions. So that leaves me with the 2.0 non etorque.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
It's funny you say that. When I shopped my local dealer in February of 2019 looking at JLs for the first time in person they said the same thing to me. They "only" sell Wranglers at MSRP and don't negotiate on them They just finally cleared the 2018s off their lot a few months ago after the Covid shut downs started. Needless to say I ordered mine from a dealer 100 miles away.

RobTeazy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Volvo XC40, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The girl I was working with at the local dealership with the 2020 on the lot told me that, "Jeeps are rare, so we don't move off MSRP much." I tried my best not to laugh in her face.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
How did you like the non hybrid 2.0? Ive been wanting to order a 2021 but I dont really want the etorque in the 3.6 and I dont want to get a manual to get the regular 3.6, I would love the diesel but I dont think I want to deal with the emissions. So that leaves me with the 2.0 non etorque.
Emissions on the diesel are 50state legal. You're only having to fill up the DEF tank every once in a while. It's not a big deal for that 400ftlbs of glorious torque. The real reason to get something else is the $4000 premium for the engine.

That said, I liked the 2.0 enough that I was ready to buy it. It certainly had more oomph at the bottom of the power band than the 3.6. I thought it ran a bit quieter than the 3.6.

OP
OP
Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase