Sponsored

Came Across The All New Wrangler Jr Model Today!

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Looks like the contractor for the Champlain Towers South condominium built the parking ramp. :giggle:

0682AB84-A331-483C-B29B-B169FCE4F536.jpeg
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
You can just buy CJ parts as these are built to the original Jeep specs.
Yes and no. The wheelbase is about 3" longer than a CJ7. The front fenders are the same as CJ5-8s. The windshield, cowl and hood are different. The one in the picture above has an aftermarket CJ style grille. There were/are some companies making laminated safety glass windshields, wipers, tun signals etc to make them street legal. There are tunes to raise the horsepower and the rev limiter on the 2.5 turbo diesel.

I wouldn't be surprised on bit if some have used the title and swapped the VIN off their junk CJ to put a plate on one of these.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
Yes and no. The wheelbase is about 3" longer than a CJ7. The front fenders are the same as CJ5-8s. The windshield, cowl and hood are different. The one in the picture above has an aftermarket CJ style grille. There were/are some companies making laminated safety glass windshields, wipers, tun signals etc to make them street legal. There are tunes to raise the horsepower and the rev limiter on the 2.5 turbo diesel.

I wouldn't be surprised on bit if some have used the title and swapped the VIN off their junk CJ to put a plate on one of these.
I believe that these are either CJ2s or CJ3s But I can’t remember which one.

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
Wonder if you could put a limiter on it and run it as an LSV in SC. Here we can run our golf cart on roads under 35 mph limits.
Good point! I really considered one of these, because the wife and kids wanted a golf cart, but got the wife a real Jeep instead, which she was pretty content with!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
There were/are some companies making laminated safety glass windshields, wipers, tun signals etc to make them street legal.
Until you pointed it out, I didn't even realize it had no wipers. Couldn't even give it the manual wipers with the twisty handle mounted at the top of the windshield.

Last edited:

stickling9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe; 2013 vw gli; 2022 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
engineer
I think emissions is an issue on road legal as well? I thought they were cool until I saw the price! out of my price range

ScenicRoute

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Beer Finisher
A guy here in Lexington has one. And it’s lifted. Honestly not bad looking. Basic as it gets.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I believe that these are either CJ2s or CJ3s But I can’t remember which one.
More closely related to a CJ5/6. Look at the front fenders and the tub. Though the tub is completely different than any CJ, there are similarities in height/width.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
More closely related to a CJ5/6. Look at the front fenders and the tub. Though the tub is completely different than any CJ, there are similarities in height/width.
Mahindra was licensed to build CJ2s for Willys in the 40s. That is the design that they are still using.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero