Sponsored

Came Across The All New Wrangler Jr Model Today!

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Those are not street legal, wonder if they are just chancing it? OR I know in some parts of the country you can somehow legally license and drive a SXS on the street, and technically the Mahindra Roxor is a SXS. Very cool little rig, they had a bunch of them at sturgis last year and I really liked them!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Those are not street legal, wonder if they are just chancing it? OR I know in some parts of the country you can somehow legally license and drive a SXS on the street, and technically the Mahindra Roxor is a SXS. Very cool little rig, they had a bunch of them at sturgis last year and I really liked them!
I thought Jeep stopped em here with a copywrite suit. Looks like that one made it through with 7 slats.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
They did, and that is not the stock grill. The original was Jeep like, then they changed it to be not even close to the Jeep grille. The Jeep grille is a common swap though. ...and now now they are not producing them. From their site...

"Sometimes you have to look deep within to find the truest version of yourself, so we're off on a journey to do just that.
We will RISE again. Stronger. Different. Freakier.
Stay tuned. "

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
IIRC, there’s a few conversion kits available to make them street legal.

they come with a different grille from factory (and Jeep has made them redesign it again), the the chassis itself is still a CJ, and will accept CJ grilles.

It’s a long story. TLDR, the company that produces these does have a legal license to build CJ Jeeps. Can’t sell them as road cars here.

Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
What @GATORB8 said. Crazy to think Mahindra thought they could get away with this without any legal action.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Those are not street legal, wonder if they are just chancing it?
Pretty sure they were chancing it. There was no license plate.

OP
OP
DHW

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Gotta say I was impressed with the little front and rear steel bumpers. Front even had a place for a winch. Is there an aftermarket for Roxor mods? Quadroxtec?

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
I was totally going to buy one of those, but they realized they're not street legal, so it would serve me no purpose....cool concept though.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I was totally going to buy one of those, but they realized they're not street legal, so it would serve me no purpose....cool concept though.
Wonder if you could put a limiter on it and run it as an LSV in SC. Here we can run our golf cart on roads under 35 mph limits.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
They run them pretty much all over Utah (except highways). The original batch had a very [un]Jeep-like 5-slat grill.
Jalopnik has done several articles about them over the last few years since they announced they'd be importing them to the USA. Mahindra had/has the license to build and sell the Willlys then CJ in India since 1947.

The revised front end they came up with after the settlement is pretty horrible. (image from Cartoq):
Jeep Wrangler JL Came Across The All New Wrangler Jr Model Today! mahindra-roxor-redesign-featured-1

Still a cool concept. Diesel, manual, lightweight, tons of Jeep-like accessories...

Reactions: DHW

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
Gotta say I was impressed with the little front and rear steel bumpers. Front even had a place for a winch. Is there an aftermarket for Roxor mods? Quadroxtec?
You can just buy CJ parts as these are built to the original Jeep specs.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
They did, and that is not the stock grill. The original was Jeep like, then they changed it to be not even close to the Jeep grille. The Jeep grille is a common swap though. ...and now now they are not producing them. From their site...

"Sometimes you have to look deep within to find the truest version of yourself, so we're off on a journey to do just that.
We will RISE again. Stronger. Different. Freakier.
Stay tuned. "
I believe the new grill is only in the USA, everywhere else still gets the 7 slot grill at least that’s how it used to be.
Sponsored