First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Patriotic Blue LJ, 2023 JLURXR Sarge Green
Occupation
Vocational Rehabilitation
My Jeep has been in Utah since 09/10/2022 waiting to go to Nampa ID. My wife and I are looking for some massive help planning our return trip. I want to take as many back roads as possible to break in the Jeep, have fun and see some amazing scenery. The trip would be from Nampa ID to Colorado Springs CO. I have 3-4 days to get her home. I appreciate any and all of your help!
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Not sure myself but I have drove through there and is going to be a great drive.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
If you want to take as many back roads as possible, I'd head west to the Pacific Ocean. I'd go through the So Oregon and the Redwoods to Brookings and head north through Gold Beach, Port Orford, the Coos, and keep going to Washington state.

OP
OP
Chris1985

Chris1985

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Patriotic Blue LJ, 2023 JLURXR Sarge Green
Occupation
Vocational Rehabilitation
That sounds like an amazing trip. My goal is to get back to Colorado Springs not WA.

Buschman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Tacoma
Head south to NV then over to Moab maybe? Not sure how "off road" you might want to break your new jeep in on. I've read about the Rimrocker trail that goes from Moab to Montrose. 160 miles of dirt roads, I don't think you even need 4x4. Lots of info on the web if you have any interest in that one. Or just break her in on one of the easier trails like fins and things.

Sponsored

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you have a great trip!

My Wife and I bought an unexpected Jeep while down in Tennessee. We were glad to have some other folks on the trip that could drive our Subi back home for us.

On our way down to TN, I had my middle grandson with us. Every chance we had, I would stop at the welcome center for each state we went too and picked up a road map so I could teach him map reading. PA, OH, WVW, VA, and TN were all picked up. He had his copy and I had mine.

So we just winged it coming home. We had to stop in Lexington KY to visit some old dear friends, and then stop in Ohio to visit my Brother and his family. All done with Map reading. Thankfully we didn’t hit too many areas with construction or impassible roads due to issues with flooding in Ohio earlier that month.

Had the COMPASS running on the radio most of the time just to make sure we were making the correct turns. Never put Waze or Maps on either of the two iPhones either.

I need to get another Commercial Truckers Atlas for this too. Mine is way out of date.

ABRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR
95 south to Winnemucca, 80 east to 306 South, 50 east to Pueblo.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
That sounds like an amazing trip. My goal is to get back to Colorado Springs not WA.
Oh, I get that, maybe CO after Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming? Just trying to help you get some back road driving in.
Sponsored