Not open for further replies.

Catdom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
I love it. The state that already suffers from electrical grid problems, recently proposed a ban on all emission vehicles by 2035. Now they have the audacity to warn of grid problems, hilarious. What's next, complaining about having to deal ith all those spent batteries from the vehicles they mandated? Just keep shipping them to Canada for eternal mountain storage? Who cares about someone else's environment?
Imagine a group of people on their high horse demanding to stop using paper bags and straws and go to plastic to save the environment and ridiculing those who disagreed. Then turning around, arriving back on their high horses 40 years later demanding we stop using plastic and go to paper straws and bags to save the environment and ridiculing those who disagree. Same thing here, knee jerk, emotional reaction to a manufactured crisis, then turnaround and offer solutions to the problem they created. Hysterical imho.

Last edited:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Sky is falling statement from the article:
"In California, it found that peak charging demand would more than double by 2030 if EV owners opted to charge in the evening at home."

I expect that the recently implemented time of use electric rates will do a pretty good job of incentivizing people to charge during low demand periods. People will drive all over town to save a few pennies per gallon of gas, so I can't imagine they wouldn't be against scheduled charging, especially when it's a built-in feature. Also from the article:
If you can charge the vehicles in the middle of the day or in the middle of night, it is almost not a worry because our system is built to meet that evening demand, that peak,”​

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
That's from an article in Australia.

Isn't that where the majority of the power comes from in California anyway?

Jeep Wrangler JL California's electrical grid has an EV problem [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] generatio
Largest source is natural gas at 37% followed by renewables at 33%. Oil is 0.01%.

33% renewable energy for such a largely populated state as California is a pretty good number. I personally think they should stop wasting money and install solar panels and batteries on people houses.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
California currently imports 70% of their electricity and still cant keep customers supplied.
" Electricity routinely flows between the Lower 48 states and, to a lesser extent, between the United States and Canada and Mexico. Electricity generation exceeds electricity consumption in 25 states, and excess electricity is transmitted across state lines—almost 10% of U.S. electricity generation is traded among states. In 2019, California’s net electricity imports were the largest in the country at 70.8 million megawatthours (MWh), or 25% of the state’s total electricity supply. Pennsylvania’s electricity exports were the largest of any state in 2019, at 70.5 million MWh, or 24% of total supply. "

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=46156#:~:text=In 2019, California's net electricity,the state's total electricity supply.

VERY different than 70%... but still ridiculous considering how rich the state is and how much sun and wind it gets. Not to mention how large it is and full of natural resources. Maybe they do it because they can't burn oil due to state regulation, so they buy "dirty electricity" from other states. It is so absurd.

These goals California sets are so dumb. When we have a massive housing crisis and homeless are literally running out of space. It is sad to go to downtown LA these days. There is enough money here to solve the homeless crisis. Corrupt politicians and incompetent government institutions is what we have. And I don't think it is a party problem.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Birdsong

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wangler, 2021 Silverado Z71
Agreed. My home state, California, has many problems, homeless problem, illegal problem, housing problem, etc. But it’s worst problem is political corruption from top to bottom. And you are correct, both parties in this country are corrupt. Makes no difference just who is getting rich and who is benefiting. My adopted state is no different except no state income tax and low property tax. But that is some different at least.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
I am a Powerplant control room operator a mile from Commiefornia. Every Summer Nevada and Arizona is requested to increase the AC thermostat temps in hopes of preventing rolling brown outs in CA. We get automated phone calls asking to conserve energy for the sake of CA.

it’s incredible to hear responses from people that say they deliberately cool down the house even more. Most reactions are why should I suffer for another state to get bailed out for their own self created mess.
Primm NV is on the CA/NV state line about 35 miles from Vegas. There is a large EV corridor and Tesla charging station there on the Nevada side. During holidays (high traffic days) Tesla brings in a 18 wheeler truck mounted diesel generator and mounted on the trailer is 8 EV charging stations. They burn diesel to generate electricity for the energy conscious EV. They choose to do this in Nevada because of CA emissions.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
:devil: You love to see it! They’ll just keep legislating themselves into oblivion, hopefully it doesn’t drag everyone else down.
Since CA is the largest GDP in the US (15%), by almost twice the nearest other state, it would collapse the country's economy to have CA fall apart.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.