California Jeeps

Techbrute

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hi guys (and gals)! I currently own a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (TJ), and I'm gearing up to buy a JLU Rubicon. I live in Texas and I'm seeing some amazing pricing on a couple rigs in California. Are "California emissions" cars still a thing, or are all the manufacturers just doing "50-state" vehicles now? Or, more relevant, are all the Wranglers the same, emissions-wise? Thanks for your help, and apologies if this isn't the right sub-forum.
Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
AFAIK The Jeeps are made to be sold in any of the 50 states, so they meet/exceed California's standards. Like most cars sold in the US do.

You shouldn't have any issue taking it to another state.

OP
OP
Techbrute

Techbrute

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
AFAIK The Jeeps are made to be sold in any of the 50 states, so they meet/exceed California's standards. Like most cars sold in the US do.

Thank you. That was my understanding as well.

Incidentally, there's never been a problem bringing a CA/HI car into another state, but they always got worse MPG with less power. Honda was the first one to start doing a 50-state car, and I haven't paid attention to that since 2000 was the last time I bought a CA car, and I lived in CA.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys (and gals)! I currently own a 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (TJ), and I'm gearing up to buy a JLU Rubicon. I live in Texas and I'm seeing some amazing pricing on a couple rigs in California. Are "California emissions" cars still a thing, or are all the manufacturers just doing "50-state" vehicles now? Or, more relevant, are all the Wranglers the same, emissions-wise? Thanks for your help, and apologies if this isn't the right sub-forum.
Are you seeing amazing pricing advertised online at California dealers? If so, be careful. Call them to get the full out the door cost. Some dealerships have shady practices of hidden "required" fees/add-ons not in the advertised price.

Sponsored

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord

California, last time I checked, requires a smog check of even new vehicles purchased out of state. That's kind of a hassle, especially if you don't have AAA.

Curious to know what dealerships you are finding. I live in California and could not find a dealer willing to budge on pricing. See my post here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...rson-jeep-nampa-idaho-highly-recommend.52995/
Nowhere in your post do you mention the actual price you paid, i.e., what discount off of invoice price you got.

We have a vendor in this forum in Orange County who is currently offering 4% under invoice (Rob at Coastline in SJC).

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
California, last time I checked, requires a smog check of even new vehicles purchased out of state. That's kind of a hassle, especially if you don't have AAA.

Nowhere in your post do you mention the actual price you paid, i.e., what discount off of invoice price you got.

We have a vendor in this forum in Orange County who is currently offering 4% under invoice (Rob at Coastline in SJC).
I intentionally didn't quote my specific numbers because it's become evident the incentives, financing origination fee, and even destination charges change all the time.

However as a point of reference I was about 12-13% below MSRP.

oalvarez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JULRDiesel. Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Macan, Porsche 993