Sponsored

California Emissions for the 392??

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I dont think this has been discussed before. But, in the past, cars and trucks, manufactured for the Kalifornia market, and a few other states, have been modified to meet even stricter emissions standards. More catalytic converters, more egr, more of just about all emissions control devises. This has reduced the performance of some vehicles, and also reduced the reliability of these vehicles.
Does anyone know, especially those in Kalifornia, do the window stickers mention California emissions or compliant??
Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
It is on the emission label under the hood. Vehicles today are 50 state emissions compliant.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
It is on the emission label under the hood. Vehicles today are 50 state emissions compliant.
I just wanted to second what calemasters said. To the best of my knowledge, most every new car these days is built to 50 state standards.

The place where you still see this issue the most though, is in the aftermarket. (ie: engine & exhaust mods, superchargers, etc.)

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wasnt aware they made all cars 50 state legal, with the emissions.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
According to Wikipedia, this is who follows the CARB standard right now. I doubt automakers would manufacture '35-state' compliant vehicle.
  1. California
  2. Colorado
  3. Connecticut
  4. Delaware
  5. Maine
  6. Maryland
  7. Massachusetts
  8. New Jersey
  9. New Mexico
  10. New York
  11. Oregon
  12. Pennsylvania
  13. Rhode Island
  14. Vermont
  15. Washington
  16. Washington DC

Sponsored

Jwgoolsby

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Rubicon
I dont think this has been discussed before. But, in the past, cars and trucks, manufactured for the Kalifornia market, and a few other states, have been modified to meet even stricter emissions standards. More catalytic converters, more egr, more of just about all emissions control devises. This has reduced the performance of some vehicles, and also reduced the reliability of these vehicles.
Does anyone know, especially those in Kalifornia, do the window stickers mention California emissions or compliant??

Attachments

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

J.Ralston

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Law Enforcement, Self Defense/Firearms Trainer, Professional Musician, Off Road Enthusiast.
Thank God that I no longer live in Commiefornia! I was born and raised in the East County of San Diego and lived out there for almost the first 30 years of my life. I will always love and miss the California that I grew up in but I will never go back there again!

We move to a small, rural, predominantly agricultural area of Northeast Colorado in August of 2003, where my wife is from and I have really come to love and prefer small town living over living in an area where the cost of living is crazy high, I have to smog my vehicles (Out here we donā€™t and I love that!), and out here you donā€™t have things like Homeowners Associations that are run by a bunch of Karenā€™s who are drunk with power and think they are entitled to tell you what you can and cannot do to your own house, that you have paid for, and not them. If I wanted to be told what I could and could not do to my own house I would simply be a renter and also not worry about having to pay for any needed repairs either.

I know that all auto manufacturers build their vehicles to be 50 State emissions compliant but at least for folks like me, who donā€™t have to worry about smogging our vehicles, there is a really good aftermarket availability in allowing our vehicles to actually breath better. In the near future I plan on adding an aftermarket CAI and dual exhaust. Iā€™m unsure which aftermarket exhaust that I will go with yet but I plan on replacing everything that I can after the headers. No cats to restrict the engine but I will have at least some better high performance mufflers over the stock ones so my Jeep isnā€™t crazy loud.
Sponsored