California 4xe Deals

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
I wouldn't say it's "in the pocket": this bill has merely been proposed (and may not get signed into law) and even if it does, it won't take effect until 2022. Maybe do some fact checking (or a forum thread search) before posting misleading or incomplete information.
What part of my post is misleading ? I never said or indicated that the bill has been passed but it will and it will happen this year and be effective the day it gets signed into law. and when it does the 4xe will be significantly cheaper than it is at the moment and the price differential will be at least $5000 on the low end and $7000-8000 on the high end. Let's set a checkpoint to see who's right in 5 months.
Sponsored

Slice

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I never said or indicated that the bill has been passed but it will and it will happen this year and be effective the day it gets signed into law.
Page 29.

"Beginning January 1, 2022, the proposal makes the EV credit a refundable personal income tax credit for vehicles acquired on or after that date. The proposal also adds a requirement that taxpayers must list the vehicle identification number (“VIN”) on their returns for the taxable year in order to claim the EV credit. The proposal also gives the IRS mathematical error authority for taxpayers who omit the VIN."

sethz

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Page 29.

"Beginning January 1, 2022, the proposal makes the EV credit a refundable personal income tax credit for vehicles acquired on or after that date. The proposal also adds a requirement that taxpayers must list the vehicle identification number (“VIN”) on their returns for the taxable year in order to claim the EV credit. The proposal also gives the IRS mathematical error authority for taxpayers who omit the VIN."
Thanks for looking up the effective date on the transcript of the bill. Jan1, 2022 is not that far away. I don't mind the IRS asking for my vehicle's VIN #. There have been instances in the past where credits were claimed both by the dealer and the lessee on leased vehicles in the past. The VIN # requirement ( unique key constraint on the IRS DB) would prevent such misuse going forward.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Heads up, Juan from Rydell just told me they have a 4xe Rubicon and Sahara on the lot that he will sell less than MSRP (maybe invoice if you can work a deal).

Since it's end of month they are looking to sell today.

If interested PM and I'll give you his cell.

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI

OCRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Mine was a Sahara. I guess it's possible that it was the one mentioned above, but don't know. My guess is that they sold mine pretty quickly since it was Sting-Gray. I'm working on a solution with Stellantis right now and have made them aware of Rydell's actions.
Interesting. What kind of support are they providing you and what is the endgame? They will force Rydell to honor your original terms or find another dealer who will?

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Mine was a Sahara. I guess it's possible that it was the one mentioned above, but don't know. My guess is that they sold mine pretty quickly since it was Sting-Gray. I'm working on a solution with Stellantis right now and have made them aware of Rydell's actions.
Did it end in 625, as I was offered that one

Sponsored

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
What part of my post is misleading ? I never said or indicated that the bill has been passed but it will and it will happen this year and be effective the day it gets signed into law. and when it does the 4xe will be significantly cheaper than it is at the moment and the price differential will be at least $5000 on the low end and $7000-8000 on the high end. Let's set a checkpoint to see who's right in 5 months.
the way congress works right now, nothing is done till it's done. far from being a thing

OCRick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe
Heads up, Juan from Rydell just told me they have a 4xe Rubicon and Sahara on the lot that he will sell less than MSRP (maybe invoice if you can work a deal).

Since it's end of month they are looking to sell today.

If interested PM and I'll give you his cell.
Just a heads up to anybody that may be interested in one Rydell's "deals" and are planning on leasing...

Be prepared for them to inflate the base lease money factor on you at the last minute. So just understand that "less than MSRP" doesn't really mean less than MSRP when they add $2,200 worth of inflated lease charges to the deal. Also, if you have an affiliate discount, be prepared to get bait and switched by their false claims that they will apply the discount.

Just a word of caution from personal experience dealing with these unethical jokers. I've received public and private messages about crap Rydell has pulled and don't understand why anybody would be promoting them here. You can find much better deals elsewhere.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Just a heads up to anybody that may be interested in one Rydell's "deals" and are planning on leasing...

Be prepared for them to inflate the base lease money factor on you at the last minute. So just understand that "less than MSRP" doesn't really mean less than MSRP when they add $2,200 worth of inflated lease charges to the deal. Also, if you have an affiliate discount, be prepared to get bait and switched by their false claims that they will apply the discount.

Just a word of caution from personal experience dealing with these unethical jokers. I've received public and private messages about crap Rydell has pulled and don't understand why anybody would be promoting them here. You can find much better deals elsewhere.
I can understand your frustration and I can only speak of my experience which has been great.

Got my $67K MSRP, $64K invoice for $63K before rebates.
Completely agree on money factor as mine is marked up. But they also gave me a 15% discount on parts (lift and tires) which also saved me another $1K. So total costs have been great for me.

I just don't think in CA you will get below invoice pricing AND low money factor AND low other rates etc that you are talking about. At some point the dealer will try to turn a profit.

If you do, that's great and you'd probably be the first in CA to hustle a dealer like that, so I hope you can. But when it comes to dealers you will save on one end and they will make it up elsewhere. That's how all dealers are.

Hopefully you're able to get something out of FCA and can get that deal you want. But I think all dealers are like that and you just have to know your numbers and get as much of a discount as you can.

ArtC

First Name
Art Closson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe, 2009 Dodge Ram 2500
I ordered and just picked up my 4xe from Normandin Chrysler Jeep Dodge in San Jose. Give Chris Groeschen the internet sales manager a call. [email protected], 408-979-3426
Take a look at the Google reviews, this is a family run operation that really takes care of its customers and employees. The entire process was a great experience and I am loving the 4xe.

Last edited:

wxcsdhr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
440i
I ordered and just picked up my 4xe from Normandin Chrysler Jeep Dodge in San Jose. Give Chris Groeschen the internet sales manager a call. [email protected], 408-979-3426
Take a look at the Google reviews, this is a family run operation that really takes care of its customers and employees. The entire process was a great experience and I am loving the 4xe.
Whats the deal you got? did you order one?
Sponsored