islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Sounds like a good plan. Factory ordering exactly want you want just feels so good, and if it saves you some money then all the better! What colour/options are you looking at for your Rubicon?
Sponsored

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon in FireCracker Red - Loaded
Do the factory order and get what you want for the price that you want! Max wait will probably be 3 months. I see some on the forum are getting theirs in 6 weeks - though they are in the US and who knows what extra time is added due to border customs for us.
The dealer I worked with here in Kelowna was fantastic. I had gone in armed with all the info off the forum, print outs of the MRSP and the Dealer Invoice - essentially - didn't have to bring them out. I just mentioned that there are others in our Jeep Community that were getting $500 over invoice. When I met with the sales manager he had everything detailed out with MRSP and Dealer invoice - total price incl the freight/PDI and the $100 AC tax and added $300 on top of that. I asked if I could review each item on my own and he agreed. I compared all the pricing to the list I had brought in and every line item price was exactly what was on my list I got from the forum. The other two dealers I tried to work with did not even come close with transparency.

I made the decision to proceed with the order and deposit right there, no further thinking. And now I wait...............

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Mike, you nailed it. I did the same - printed out the MSRP and Dealer Invoice. Armed with that information helped a lot. I had a Vancouver area dealer lie to me and say they would do $500 over invoice, but when presented with the printed out MSRP and Dealer Invoice said they actually could not do $500 over invoice. Transparency is key.

Sounds like you found a great dealer in Kelowna. Hopefully neither of us will have too long of a wait, but my 2 door soft top likely won't be in production until mid March.

Jeepcity

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl rubicon tj rubicon yj cj 8 cj 7 cherokee
How much did your guys dealers, want for an deposit on an JL ? and have you inquired about 0% financing.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Mine was ok with a $1,500 down payment.

I went with the zero percent financing. To get this offer, your order will have to be in the FCA system by Feb.28 so realistically, you have maybe 3 or 4 days to act.

Sponsored

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much did your guys dealers, want for an deposit on an JL ? and have you inquired about 0% financing.
I put a $1000 deposit down for my order to be placed. One fo the other dealers (Columbia) in Richmond was also requiring a $1000 deposit. Seems reasonable to me!

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And ditto on the current financing deal. Must get it locked in before Feb28. And if there is a better offer at the time of delivery, you can take advantage of the better financing offer then.

Jeepcity

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl rubicon tj rubicon yj cj 8 cj 7 cherokee
thanks guys

Sponsored

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Shuswap area,,
I put $2500 down as a deposit on my VISA. I have had the 0% financing confirmed, but yes, needs to be locked in by the 28th of February.

Now I am waiting for Jeep to start producing the 2 door version....

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for us western Canadian Jeepers! Lease or Finance????? I have the special financing locked in that was in place until Feb. 28th. I tend to get antsy after 3 years with my vehicles - in saying that, the only reason I am going to sell my JKU is because the JLU is so much more improved!! Otherwise I don't think I'd be selling/trading it. I would just continue to spend money on mod's! But, with the price of the new jeeps being so high, part of me likes the idea of trying to get a better monthly payment now - and in 36 or 48 months - look at refinancing the balance. I know I will want to be in a jeep.

Appreciate thoughts on this topic. I know there are many lease or don't lease posts on the forum but they all US based.

Thanks

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put $2500 down as a deposit on my VISA. I have had the 0% financing confirmed, but yes, needs to be locked in by the 28th of February.

Now I am waiting for Jeep to start producing the 2 door version....
Islandbunkie, any idea when your's will get started?

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Islandbunkie, any idea when your's will get started?
Hello Mike, I am stuck in D status and have been since end of January. I spoke with Canada support yesterday and they had no new information for me. I am hoping for the build of the two doors to start end of March/beginning of April, but the chatter on the Forum here is now indicating it might be mid-April before Job 1 for the 2 door JL.

Can't wait for news that production on the 2 door has started!!

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Question for us western Canadian Jeepers! Lease or Finance????? I have the special financing locked in that was in place until Feb. 28th. I tend to get antsy after 3 years with my vehicles - in saying that, the only reason I am going to sell my JKU is because the JLU is so much more improved!! Otherwise I don't think I'd be selling/trading it. I would just continue to spend money on mod's! But, with the price of the new jeeps being so high, part of me likes the idea of trying to get a better monthly payment now - and in 36 or 48 months - look at refinancing the balance. I know I will want to be in a jeep.

Appreciate thoughts on this topic. I know there are many lease or don't lease posts on the forum but they all US based.

Thanks
I locked in the 0% financing offer that was available until the end of February (0% interest for a 3 year loan). I found that my bank was as good a source of financing as the dealership, but the 0% offer was just too good to pass up.
Sponsored