First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Here starts my slow build. I'm starting college this fall so time and money will slow progress here and there.

My parents had always told me they would get me a car if I managed to get college paid for. When that day became a reality I knew my dream car was inbound.
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude IMG-8312.JPG

upon getting home I flipped the mirror, removed the dealer stickers, and installed the rubber mats it came with next became some cosmetic changes
tail light swap to oracle's smoked LEDs
before:
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude IMG-8481

after:
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude 61187455739--1F2957CA-38E0-4146-BC1F-E222AEE51741.JPG

next came in the third break light and side markers from oracle that were on backorder for 1 day?
before:
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude IMG-8552
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude IMG-8555

after:
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude IMG-8558
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude IMG-8554

somewhere during all of this I bought a pair of rubi rails that were new take offs i don't have before/afters but this picture shows them after their install
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude IMG-8484

next I got rid of the hideous splash guards between the fender and plastic bumper
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude IMG-8928

that is as far as I've gotten right now. I will be driving a lot from northwest arkansas to SMU (pony up!) for school so i do not want it to be the ultimate off roader and lose decent mpg but the hopefully around next spring or whenever these tires wear out ill get a lift and wheels. I don't have my heart set on any right now but id love comfortable and quality recommendations for probably 2/4 inch lift and 35s? as for next steps i have headlights that will actually put light on the road in front of me coming next week (the oracle oculus bi LEDs) and today another forum member is shipping me some take off drl so I will need to see about getting the jeep configured to properly run with those (suggestions are welcomed).

oh and lastly i went with a classic name for a big white jeep being "MOBY"
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude IMG-8918
Sponsored

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Congratulations on college and of course your new ride (JEEP) :rock:

Welcome to the Jeep fam & also the Bright white JL Club!

enjoy!!

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
Looking good man! When I was your age, it was the Air Force and a 1997 XJ! I'd say you're doing a little better!

Congrats on the Jeep!

Sponsored

OP
OP
caleb_m00re

caleb_m00re

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
contacted a couple shops around me and they said only dealership could set the jeeps computer up for LEDs so contacted the dealership i bought it from and they should get back with me monday

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
contacted a couple shops around me and they said only dealership could set the jeeps computer up for LEDs so contacted the dealership i bought it from and they should get back with me monday
False...just buy a Tazer. You'll want it down the road anyway.

OP
OP
caleb_m00re

caleb_m00re

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
False...just buy a Tazer. You'll want it down the road anyway.
yeah im getting that feeling. the dealership said 130 + tax and they even said they weren't having any luck with that kind of upgrades? best place to get a tazer? any way to get them used or anything so its not $330. Ill pay it if i have too. the led running lights are such an improved look its worth it.

OP
OP
caleb_m00re

caleb_m00re

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
did the oracle bi led headlight install today. took less than 30 min to install and only about 15 to level including driving to a nearby school for a good wall for the leveling.

I think these are some great headlights if anyone is looking for an upgrade. these leds make the stock halogens look pathetic. the running lights took bright and beautiful even in the bright sun. also with them being a 9" option they fit right into the OEM spot unlike the 7" with brackets that were advertised as JL lights i had to return because I didn't like the large gap they left in the grill's headlight housing. so anyway these are some GOOD headlights... a little pricy but worth the visibility at night.
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude IMG-8941

Sponsored

gqgambler

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bright White Moab
yeah im getting that feeling. the dealership said 130 + tax and they even said they weren't having any luck with that kind of upgrades? best place to get a tazer? any way to get them used or anything so its not $330. Ill pay it if i have too. the led running lights are such an improved look its worth it.
Congrats on the Jeep and College.
Search the forum marketplace for a tazer. Maybe post a WTB ad.

jdm22

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler before year end
Occupation
GA General Contractor full time, AC Man for F&F
did the oracle bi led headlight install today. took less than 30 min to install and only about 15 to level including driving to a nearby school for a good wall for the leveling.

I think these are some great headlights if anyone is looking for an upgrade. these leds make the stock halogens look pathetic. the running lights took bright and beautiful even in the bright sun. also with them being a 9" option they fit right into the OEM spot unlike the 7" with brackets that were advertised as JL lights i had to return because I didn't like the large gap they left in the grill's headlight housing. so anyway these are some GOOD headlights... a little pricy but worth the visibility at night.
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude IMG-8941
been looking at these for my White JL as well...glad to hear good feedback.

OP
OP
caleb_m00re

caleb_m00re

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Build Thread
Link
so since I got the halo running lights I think I’m going to sell the fender running lights because I don’t want to buy a tazer right now. I’ll probably use the money to get a sunshade most likely. $150 + shipping
Jeep Wrangler JL Caleb's Bright White Sport Altitude B63E6BC4-4861-4376-9034-0ACBDFF11A00
Sponsored

Last edited: