Sponsored

[CA] Where can I get the best financing outside of the dealership?

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Okay, thanks for the info. I might go for their 1.8% at 48months. Did you get your jeep and complete the financing with them already?
I am a member - waiting for my ship date before getting the loan. Don't want it to expire and have to do it over again. Loan apps usually expire in a month.
So is "active rewards member" different than just becoming a member?
It's not just a regular member.
You essentially have to have a checking account - have a direct deposit initiated, and have a line of credit.

So, according to the rep I spoke to - Open an account, they will want $25 or something deposited into the checking account. So, there's your direct deposit. And then opening the loan itself will make you a "active rewards member". So you will qualify for their posted rates. Call and speed to someone and they can better clarify it. The lady I spoke to said I would qualify, and that is all I have done.
Sponsored

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
I am a member - waiting for my ship date before getting the loan. Don't want it to expire and have to do it over again. Loan apps usually expire in a month.

You essentially have to have a checking account - have a direct deposit initiated, and have a line of credit.

So, according to the rep I spoke to - Open an account, they will want $25 or something deposited into the checking account. So, there's your direct deposit. And then opening the loan itself will make you a "active rewards member". So you will qualify for their posted rates. Call and speed to someone and they can better clarify it. The lady I spoke to said I would qualify, and that is all I have done.
Thanks for the info!

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Langley will do a hard credit chk on your social security number to open an account. I plan to become a full member and get that car loan approved and purchase the JL within Langley's 30 day loan pre-approval window.

By the way, my POC said the jeep will ship from the factory on 2/15/18 (order was placed on 1/30). Kim said it should be within a few days of that date. Surprised is was so quick. Did the chat on jeep.com, all they could say was all the parts were confirmed to be available for the build. D1 Status.

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
Langley will do a hard credit chk on your social security number to open an account. I plan to become a full member and get that car loan approved and purchase the JL within Langley's 30 day loan pre-approval window.

By the way, my POC said the jeep will ship from the factory on 2/15/18 (order was placed on 1/30). Kim said it should be within a few days of that date. Surprised is was so quick. Did the chat on jeep.com, all they could say was all the parts were confirmed to be available for the build. D1 Status.
You might want to wait closer till it actually ships to apply, it takes about 3 weeks to ship out to CA (plus or minus some days depending on weather). Most people have found that the actually ETA during D1 is actually when they start building your Jeep, but yours may be different.

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Firecracker Red

I spoke to 4 different people at Langley to find out how you become an active member and I received different answers from each of them. (1 person said 1 transaction a month, another said 4 transactions a month, and another said a transaction that would = the loan payment, and then another said 1 needed 1 onine transaction a month)

Here is the information from the website.

upload_2018-2-5_14-11-47.png

When I became a member they opened both a checking and savings account for me, I setup eStatements and also made a few on-line deposit into the checking account, and I setup reoccurring deposits. This covered #1 & 2, I applied for the loan,was approved and they said I am showing as an active rewards member.

I will be completing the financing this week, I'll post an update once it's completed

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR

As @LMontes stated - your Jeep won't ship on that POC date. It will start the build around that time.

Do not apply for that loan yet - or you will have to do it again and have another hard credit check done.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Yep, the trick is to pick that 30 day window such that you, the JL and the financing show up at the dealer at the same time. Need to buy plane tickets at the beginning of that interval time as well. 1,155 mi road trip back to FL. Should be fun.

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the tip! I called again to start with membership first, I had to donate $5 to a non-profit to become a member, but well worth it for their rates! Did you do the 60 month or their 48 month? Also you said that you can get an additional .5%, what was your end rate after this discount, 1.5%?
I took the 60 month rate, when I applied i was 1.74% for active members, it's 2.00% now. And I asked them to send me an email with the rate, at first the email had 78 months so I had them resend it for 60 months

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, the trick is to pick that 30 day window such that you, the JL and the financing show up at the dealer at the same time. Need to buy plane tickets at the beginning of that interval time as well. 1,155 mi road trip back to FL. Should be fun.
I applied once I was in KZ and had a ETA. I purchased form Koons so it goes by truck not rail and seems to get to the dealer during the ETA date

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will be completing the financing this week, I'll post an update once it's completed
Will be picking up my JL on Friday :clap: and spoke to Langley to have them send a check to Koons. It was all done very quickly. I had to send them a buyers order, sign some papers online and the deal was done. I received the interest rate as approved 60 months at 1.74%. Quick and easy and would definitely recommend Langley FCU.

Sponsored

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
Langley is a pain in the ass. They use computer generated questions to verify identity. Failed twice - now locked out for 30 days. The CSR had the tone of David Spade; dry, sarcastic and almost robotic. Navy Federal is a tad bit more, however, customer service is heads and shoulders above Langley.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just opened a checking and savings account with Langley in preparation for our JLUR purchase. Not certain I will finance but if you are member, you can take advantage of the $500 cash back through Bonus Drive.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Ran my credit through Langley today and got approved for $48,000, 60-months, at 2% APR.

Over the phone it was a very easy process.

I do have excellent credit though - around an 810 FICO.

Ran with Langley as it is the lowest I could find.

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ran my credit through Langley today and got approved for $48,000, 60-months, at 2% APR.

Over the phone it was a very easy process.

I do have excellent credit though - around an 810 FICO.

Ran with Langley as it is the lowest I could find.
I used Langley because it was the best rate I found. The customer service could be better but for the rate I got I can deal with their customer service reps. I was able to have them overnight a check to the dealer so when I went in to pick up the JL everything was ready. I will setup an automated payment so I don't forsee any issues. I applied a few days before they changed the rate, it was 1.74% when I applied but 2.00% is also a great rate

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I had some issues setting up my account but called customer service and they fixed everything. Other than failing three times with answering the credit security questions to get my wife on the account (questions were answered correctly!) most everything else went well. Will have to try again in 30 days to get my wife on.

Now if only Sting Gray would come out and I also want to check out the turbo 4 before making the final decision .
Sponsored