Sponsored

Ca/Az suggestions with lakes/streams more "woodsy" type

Mbrianm31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Looking to do a trip in 2 weeks and I can go anywhere between 2 to 7 days. Would like something more dispersed and not too cold at night (less the 25 degrees). I'll have the Mrs and my 3 year old, really want something with a stream or lake nearby or something where she can explore. I know of Coyote Flats and Monache Meadows but are there any other suggestions? Wasn't sure if anyone knows of a not so popular place they could suggest, would appreciate it.

Thank you
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

how about Sedona? this time of year is perfect. 60's at night 70-80 in the day. or mojave trial? i know Mojave mountain like but its Beautiful.. Flagstaff is also wonderful.

OP
OP
Mbrianm31

Mbrianm31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
how about Sedona? this time of year is perfect. 60's at night 70-80 in the day. or mojave trial? i know Mojave mountain like but its Beautiful.. Flagstaff is also wonderful.
Thank you for the suggestion. We decided it'll be Arizona now were just trying to figure out where exactly.

Thanks again!

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

Thank you for the suggestion. We decided it'll be Arizona now were just trying to figure out where exactly.

Thanks again!
Sedona is a great place to visit! Things I've enjoyed there include:

Broken Arrow...a great “half day” off-road trail; awesome scenery. The trailhead is just out of town; you can start early, enjoy some Jeep fun, and be back in town for lunch.

Fay Canyon...an easy out-and-back hike that takes you into a canyon with the red rocks towering above you. It has a woodsy feel, shaded along much of it. Also, there is a convenient parking area just across the road from the trailhead.

Oak Creek Canyon...a very scenic pavement drive that starts just outside town. There is a trout farm in Oak Creek Canyon where you can cook and eat your catch (my grandkids each caught their "first" fish there last fall). This is also an alternate route to Flagstaff, where things like South Rim Grand Canyon and Meteor Crater are a short-ish drive away. For kids, Bearizona, a drive-thru zoo (with conventional zoo exhibits as well) is also fairly close to Flagstaff (Williams area).
Sponsored