Sponsored

C-series 10" on LOD Destroyer

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
C-series 10" on LOD stubby. Hoping it helps well when it snows (yes, I know it's not street legal...shhhh). What do you think, look ok?

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'd got a Baja Onx6+ on my Destroyer, but mounted it below the bull bar. Works well, and a bit more hidden then sticking way up in the air like with a top mount.

OP
OP
JROOO

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
I'd got a Baja Onx6+ on my Destroyer, but mounted it below the bull bar. Works well, and a bit more hidden then sticking way up in the air like with a top mount.
Yeah I'm thinking the same thing to flip it under like yours. The brackets will need to modifications though and so I thought I would see what it looks like this way first before I break out the grinder.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
it looks ok. as long as you like it. then its ok. to be honest, in my veiws of the light bar in general and from 10" to 50" they can be a hit and miss weather i like them or not. i guess it all depends on where its mounted and what its mounted on or to. some looks like it belongs while others is by a long shot. but thats my views. i'm more for the cube or round style lights. as for your use on those snowy days on the street, i'd use it as long as no one is driving towards you.

i'm looking into a set of amber led lights and mount them on my bumper below the headlight for some of the foggy days commuting to work. same goes for those commute to or from work in the snow. i'm aware they are not street legal but if i aim them low enough no one is going to care.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JROOO

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Relocated because I like that look better.

@Oceanblue19, did you find a good way to route the cable in that bumper?

IMG_0414.jpg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Relocated because I like that look better.

@Oceanblue19, did you find a good way to route the cable in that bumper?

Jeep Wrangler JL C-series 10" on LOD Destroyer IMG_0414
Cable goes just under the left-most "I" in the grill and follows an existing cable that goes that route.

It goes along that, over the cross member, and then on top of the electronic steering pump (under the air-box), and then up along the battery to the aux switch locations.

I briefly thought about drilling a hole right next to the bull bar welds where it meets the flat part of the bumper to use as a pass through but decided against it as a good way for water to get into the bumper.

Can you take a straight down shot to see the space between back of your light and the winch solenoid box?

OP
OP
JROOO

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Cable goes just under the left-most "I" in the grill and follows an existing cable that goes that route.

It goes along that, over the cross member, and then on top of the electronic steering pump (under the air-box), and then up along the battery to the aux switch locations.

I briefly thought about drilling a hole right next to the bull bar welds where it meets the flat part of the bumper to use as a pass through but decided against it as a good way for water to get into the bumper.

Can you take a straight down shot to see the space between back of your light and the winch solenoid box?
Zero clearance. I was considering using a dremel taking off a portion of the offending housing bracket but the light solidly sits as shown.

IMG_0415.jpg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Zero clearance. I was considering using a dremel taking off a portion of the offending housing bracket but the light solidly sits as shown.

Jeep Wrangler JL C-series 10" on LOD Destroyer IMG_0415
Thanks, mine is pretty tight.

Trying to decide between a winch like the Stealth as like the removable clutch lever, or a Warn where I can relocate the solenoids to get the clearance.......

OP
OP
JROOO

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
I just noticed in my last picture the light dislocated the solenoid box a bit. My dremel just took care of that!

FYI my X20 you can mount the box on the far left side (opposite end of the clutch).
Sponsored