Sponsored

Bye, Bye 4xe tax credit for 2023 Wranglers

Chubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
I'm happy to have had the Fed and State credits. But as others have posted I also agree it isn't right to use taxpayer money to pay someone else's bill.

Other bit here that the media isn't reporting is how in less than a week after this bill was signed guess what happened? The domestic auto manufacturers all raised the prices on their EV's and hybrids by... $6500 to $8500! The only winners here for this new incentive are the OEMs.
Sponsored

UnpaidUberDrvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
This is a correct statement.
So, assuming we take delivery of a new 4xe before the end of 12/31/22, the old rules should apply, meaning no income limits? I don’t mean to be repetitive on this forum, just trying to make sure we understand it right. Sounds like we’d be lucky to order and get one delivered by 12/31/22…but if we were lucky, or purchased one from clutch or on a lot, no income limits or new restrictions would apply and we should get that $7,500 credit. Does that sound right?

wdbrjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
So, assuming we take delivery of a new 4xe before the end of 12/31/22, the old rules should apply, meaning no income limits? I don’t mean to be repetitive on this forum, just trying to make sure we understand it right. Sounds like we’d be lucky to order and get one delivered by 12/31/22…but if we were lucky, or purchased one from clutch or on a lot, no income limits or new restrictions would apply and we should get that $7,500 credit. Does that sound right?
That is correct. No change in income or amount until 1/02/23. I will think you have a good chance to get one before that time.

Bohica

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
You know that the fossil fuel and oil companies get tens of billions of dollars in government subsidies and tax credits every year, right? That industry gets the most of any. Literally every ICE based vehicle is essentially getting a tax credit, only you as the consumer are never seeing it. Lol
This has to be one of the most ignorant comparisons ever.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lil Ronnie

Lil Ronnie

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Retired LEO
I'm happy to have had the Fed and State credits. But as others have posted I also agree it isn't right to use taxpayer money to pay someone else's bill.

Other bit here that the media isn't reporting is how in less than a week after this bill was signed guess what happened? The domestic auto manufacturers all raised the prices on their EV's and hybrids by... $6500 to $8500! The only winners here for this new incentive are the OEMs.
Ouch! Can this be true? I don't know where you are getting your information. I just built 2 identical & loaded Rubicons on Jeep's build site. The 2022's base price is $58,790, and the 2023 base price is $58,990 equalling a $200 dollar increase. The loaded 2022 Rubi MSRP is $75,415 and the identical 2023 Rubi is 75,765 for a $450 increase. I good with that fraction of a % increase.
So someone is verrrry confused. Jeep Wrangler prices "have not" increased "6,500 to $8,500" or more. Maybe your source has our beloved Wrangles confused with some other brand.
I am full speed ahead ordering my 2023 Rubi at MSRP -9% plus a $7,500 tax credit.
"Thank you Jesus."
Disclaimer: That was not political but it was Spiritual.

_oIIIIIIIo_

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
This has to be one of the most ignorant comparisons ever.
You peaked my curiosity by making this incredibly rude comment, yet offering no remedy to my apparently flawed comparison. Care to weigh in with something constructive?

OP
OP
Lil Ronnie

Lil Ronnie

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO
This gives me so much hope, but is it enough to take the chance and wait to order next year? I don't know what to do I'm so torn :(
Maybe next year a 4xe with the extreme edition option. O.K. now I am in heaven.

Chubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Ouch! Can this be true? I don't know where you are getting your information. I just built 2 identical & loaded Rubicons on Jeep's build site. The 2022's base price is $58,790, and the 2023 base price is $58,990 equalling a $200 dollar increase. The loaded 2022 Rubi MSRP is $75,415 and the identical 2023 Rubi is 75,765 for a $450 increase. I good with that fraction of a % increase.
So someone is verrrry confused. Jeep Wrangler prices "have not" increased "6,500 to $8,500" or more. Maybe your source has our beloved Wrangles confused with some other brand.
I am full speed ahead ordering my 2023 Rubi at MSRP -9% plus a $7,500 tax credit.
"Thank you Jesus."
Disclaimer: That was not political but it was Spiritual.
No confusion. I didn't say anything about the Wrangler. Believe Wranglers are no longer eligible though as the topic of this thread, correct? And Jeep has already increased the 4xe over the past year - twice.

But for other eligible cars:
Ford Mustang Mach-E price hiked by as much as $8,475 due to battery costs (cnbc.com)

Ford, GM Raise Electric Vehicle Prices, Offsetting Tax Credits in Biden’s ‘Inflation Reduction Act’ | CNSNews

There's a lot of info if you go search.

OP
OP
Lil Ronnie

Lil Ronnie

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO
Just buy it and enjoy it.
Amen. Just buy it and enjoy it. I like the way you think
No confusion. I didn't say anything about the Wrangler. Believe Wranglers are no longer eligible though as the topic of this thread, correct? And Jeep has already increased the 4xe over the past year - twice.

But for other eligible cars:
Ford Mustang Mach-E price hiked by as much as $8,475 due to battery costs (cnbc.com)

Ford, GM Raise Electric Vehicle Prices, Offsetting Tax Credits in Biden’s ‘Inflation Reduction Act’ | CNSNews

There's a lot of info if you go search.
I read domestic manufactures to included Jeep since you said all raised the prices. This is a Wrangler forum, just sayin'. My bad I guess.

You said "Domestic auto manufactures all raised the prices...

You wrote: "Other bit here that the media isn't reporting is how in less than a week after this bill was signed guess what happened? The domestic auto manufacturers all raised the prices on their EV's and hybrids by... $6500 to $8500!"

Thx for the clarification.

Sponsored

Chubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Amen. Just buy it and enjoy it. I like the way you think

I read domestic manufactures to included Jeep since you said all raised the prices. This is a Wrangler forum, just sayin'. My bad I guess.

You said "Domestic auto manufactures all raised the prices...

You wrote: "Other bit here that the media isn't reporting is how in less than a week after this bill was signed guess what happened? The domestic auto manufacturers all raised the prices on their EV's and hybrids by... $6500 to $8500!"

Thx for the clarification.
Well, I think you get the point but you're also trying to be a bit of a ... I don't know. Anyway. Time to move on I think.

This thread is about the tax credits no longer applying to the Wrangler as of Jan. And that's too bad.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Hi! I'm new to the Forum. Just been driven my 2006 Rubicon Unlimited around Arizona with nothing on my mind. Thinking it's time to get a new Rubi 4xe since I have a monster solar system in my home and can charge the ev battery basically for free. I just seems to makes sense. Order new at under invoice from one of the forums/Ratbert's dealers and also get the $7,500 tax credit. Simple right? NOT! It appears that the Government, in an effort to make things better for us surfs have just blessed us with the newly passed "750 page Inflation Reduction Act, A.K.A. IRA". This Act seems to have just screwed us on all future ev 4xe tax credits with "new rules".
It seems that to qualify for future tax credit the cars (Wranglers) have to be produced in the USA. No problem, they are built in Ohio I am told. But wait the batteries must also be made in the USA. After a bunch of searching the internet I found the batteries are currently made by a company called Stellantis who produces their Jeep ev 4xe batteries in manufacturing plants in Korea, Hungary, China, and Malaysia. But wait, they have recently entered a JV (Joint Venture) with Samsung SDI and per a recently announcement they hope to add a second plant in Hungary and ramp production capacity in Malaysia. Isn't that special? No, still more news. The JV hopes to bring EV battery manufacturing to America in 2025. Humm?
On checking with the U.S. Department of Energy they have already evaluated the IRA and announced they have determined that only the below listed cars models qualify under the new rules for future tax credits. Are you sitting down? For 2022 models 26 models, "including three 4xe models" are listed as qualifying but 8 of the 26 models have met their manufactures "sales cap". For the 2023 models only 5 now qualify with two having met its sales cap. They are BMW 330e, 2023 Bolt EV, 2023 Cadillac Lyriq, 2023 Mercedes EQS SUV, 2023 Nissan Leaf. Yep, that's it folks. No more 4xe Wrangler tax credit..
O.K. I'm done. Please, please, please tell me I am wrong and that you "KNOW" the Wrangler is still eligible for the $7,500 tax credit. I am.... disappointed to say the least. I guess I am going to have to buy a 35K Nissan Leaf, whatever the hell that is, and 4 wheel the crap out of it in the Arizona desert until the wheels fall off. I just saw an image of at the new Leaf and it is kinda sexy. NOT!
L'il Ronnie in Arizona.
I hope you’re not getting rid of that 2006 Rubicon LJ I wish I never sold mine but you got one of the best performing Jeeps it’s ever been made you going out for anything out there other than maybe a short wheelbase TJ Rubicon.

OP
OP
Lil Ronnie

Lil Ronnie

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired LEO
I hope you’re not getting rid of that 2006 Rubicon LJ I wish I never sold mine but you got one of the best performing Jeeps it’s ever been made you going out for anything out there other than maybe a short wheelbase TJ Rubicon.
You are correct. I am torn. My bride says we do not need two Rubicons. But I want to get a dual fuel practical 4xe 4x4 vehicle during this weird time involving tax credits Because I have a huge solar solution on my home And can charge for free. Thank you Mr. Sun. So how do we solve this and keep Rubi? No I do not what a tiny Toyota ev POS. How about replacing her Dodge Durango with 95k miles on the old with a…. Wait for it. A 4xe Grand Cherokee. The loaded Summit is 75k, the same as a funky loaded Rubicon. And the GC goes up and down. This makes total sense and she gets power seats. And I keep the unicorn in the fleet. So yes, I am struggling with pulling the Rubicon trigger so to speak.
Thank you Old Jeeper for reminding me how unique this 2006 is. They are still drawing 25k+ here in Az.
I need more coffee.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
You are correct. I am torn. My bride says we do not need two Rubicons. But I want to get a dual fuel practical 4xe 4x4 vehicle during this weird time involving tax credits Because I have a huge solar solution on my home And can charge for free. Thank you Mr. Sun. So how do we solve this and keep Rubi? No I do not what a tiny Toyota ev POS. How about replacing her Dodge Durango with 95k miles on the old with a…. Wait for it. A 4xe Grand Cherokee. The loaded Summit is 75k, the same as a funky loaded Rubicon. And the GC goes up and down. This makes total sense and she gets power seats. And I keep the unicorn in the fleet. So yes, I am struggling with pulling the Rubicon trigger so to speak.
Thank you Old Jeeper for reminding me how unique this 2006 is. They are still drawing 25k+ here in Az.
I need more coffee.
Call VA you’re not kidding I couldn’t live without coffee speaking of which I’ve discovered something new. A pinch of salt in your cup not just any salt but you wanna use like Himalayan salt something that’s got real salt and a pad of butter I tried it and well definitely add something to it and I don’t do cream or sugar. Not just an old jeeper and old soldier too I’ve poured more coffee over my hands in Germany on the DMZ of Korea and other places in this world to warm them up.

i’m coming up on my sixth Rubicon I have a 2023 on order. I wish I kept them all some of them would be worth something like I had the very first Rubicon sold to the public I took delivery in August 2002 they didn’t show up at show rooms until September the underside of the hood was signed by the engineering team that developed the Rubicon the head of Wrangler marketing the head of Jeep marketing and the head of Jeep manufacturing along the 2 key engineers.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bye, Bye 4xe tax credit for 2023 Wranglers 773B9987-7A0F-4A11-B3F1-7B54DEF0CD8B

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
While that bill definintly SUCKS....

that 7500 needed paid for and someone else was footing that bill... none of them should come with any taxpayer funding..
Sponsored