Buzzing sound after shutdown

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I thought it was a cool down cycle as well but It’s the fuel system. Green Diesel Engineering explained it to me that only the Jeep does this after shutting off and the Ram does not so it’s disabled as part of their tune.
I think they are getting confused. The Ram absolutely does do it too, and they themselves even state on their own webpage that it is simply more pronounced in the Jeep because the engine bay is tighter.

They also said the Ram doesn't have the cold shift schedule programmed in from the factory which isn't true.

In any case, yes it's the fuel solenoid making the noise, which begs the question: why? Surely the engineers did that on purpose. Makes me wonder....
Sponsored

TJ_HOOKER

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
I think they are getting confused. The Ram absolutely does do it too, and they themselves even state on their own webpage that it is simply more pronounced in the Jeep because the engine bay is tighter.

They also said the Ram doesn't have the cold shift schedule programmed in from the factory which isn't true.

In any case, yes it's the fuel solenoid making the noise, which begs the question: why? Surely the engineers did that on purpose. Makes me wonder....
interesting for sure. And see they told me the RAM does have the cold shift schedule from the factory and the JL didn’t. Well either way, I like not hearing that solenoid, and love the cold shift

imjester77

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Eco Diesel; 2014 JKU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it was the def pump purging? aggghhhh! all i know is that it is normal.

Steve1954

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon unlimited diesel
Occupation
Retired
I had to have both batteries replaced, at least done under warranty then the buzzing started was told it was normal hard to believe sometimes it is loud other times you can hardly hear it but dealership wont repair until it breaks, hopefully not out in the back country somewhere,

Attachments

Wrangler man

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

I had to have both batteries replaced, at least done under warranty then the buzzing started was told it was normal hard to believe sometimes it is loud other times you can hardly hear it but dealership wont repair until it breaks, hopefully not out in the back country somewher
I had to have both batteries replaced, at least done under warranty then the buzzing started was told it was normal hard to believe sometimes it is loud other times you can hardly hear it but dealership wont repair until it breaks, hopefully not out in the back country somewhere,
I too just had both batteries replaced due to a dead battery which I could not jump start nor could the tow truck driver. The battery died in my garage We flate beded the Jeep to the dealership. Once at the jeep dealership the mechanic brought his biggest available jumper box with no success. The battery gave no warning. With all my vehicles I carry a jumper battery box, sizable to the liters. I asked the Mopar mechanic for advice on dead battery while miles off the beaten path. He said there's nothing you can do but get towed! Did FCA/Mopar engineers really f us like this! I too now have a buzzing sound. It may have been before the dead battery but it's definitely noticeable now. If anyone has any information on how to resolve dead battery issues, please share. 1st time I'm considering saying goodbye to Mopar/FCA
Sponsored