usmcss

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
You shouldn't have too much trouble getting a local dealer to price-match whatever you can manage out of state. Assuming you get that out of state offer on paper.

A lot of dealerships will price-match to get the sale.
Appreciate it SimpleJL! They don't seem to want to budge here in Illinois. I didn't have anything in writing. They also won't accept the Tread Lightly. Aaron at Dave Dennis seems like the real deal. I just don't want to drive 5 hours out and 5 hours back. Still thinking about it though.
Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Appreciate it SimpleJL! They don't seem to want to budge here in Illinois. I didn't have anything in writing. They also won't accept the Tread Lightly. Aaron at Dave Dennis seems like the real deal. I just don't want to drive 5 hours out and 5 hours back. Still thinking about it though.
You are only trying to have one local dealer price match?

Try any dealer within a few-hours drive. That'll save you some drive time. I have around 30 dealerships within a 3-hour drive from me. I emailed all of them for a price match. Had 5 of them say they'd match the 5% in Idaho. Then I haggled them against each other and got 6% under.

It can be done.

OP
OP
usmcss

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
You are only trying to have one local dealer price match?

Try any dealer within a few-hours drive. That'll save you some drive time. I have around 30 dealerships within a 3-hour drive from me. I emailed all of them for a price match. Had 5 of them say they'd match the 5% in Idaho. Then I haggled them against each other and got 6% under.

It can be done.
Wow, very nice! Been talking to two local. The thing that makes it hard is that I want the Tow Package, and Red or Black. Will keep trying! Thanks!

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Wow, very nice! Been talking to two local. The thing that makes it hard is that I want the Tow Package, and Red or Black. Will keep trying! Thanks!
Oh, you aren't ordering? You are trying to buy dealer stock?

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Bob: while we all value time/money and convenience differently, upon first hearing now, late into the thread, that it is dealer stock you seek (translation: waiting on a custom order is not your desire) I'd like to at least suggest that you rethink that decision.

Clearly, I am not privy to all your decision making factors that may make it not only right for you, but completely logical to others that you buy dealer stock. Perhaps the cost savings of ordering isn't the highest priority for you.

But with that said, while ordering's downside is the wait, you can negotiate much much better terms at high volume dealers like Koons, get the Wrangler configured exactly how you like, and not have to pay for features you don't want to pay for, or expressly don't want, even if for free.

Only you can gauge the cost of your time, money, and convenience. Good luck.

OP
OP
usmcss

usmcss

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 Rubicon JL
Bob: while we all value time/money and convenience differently, upon first hearing now, late into the thread, that it is dealer stock you seek (translation: waiting on a custom order is not your desire) I'd like to at least suggest that you rethink that decision.

Clearly, I am not privy to all your decision making factors that may make it not only right for you, but completely logical to others that you buy dealer stock. Perhaps the cost savings of ordering isn't the highest priority for you.

But with that said, while ordering's downside is the wait, you can negotiate much much better terms at high volume dealers like Koons, get the Wrangler configured exactly how you like, and not have to pay for features you don't want to pay for, or expressly don't want, even if for free.

Only you can gauge the cost of your time, money, and convenience. Good luck.
Hey Russ,

I truly appreciate your reply. I honestly want the Jeep from the lot, I don't like the wait but I know that's really the best way to go. But if they have exactly what I want on the lot I am willing to pay for it. I just want the deal to be fair on both sides. I completely understand the dealers not wanting to go as low as 5%.

Thanks again!!!

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
It looks like I will be ordering from either Dillons/Idaho or Koons/Virginia. I am worried about driving a new Jeep 1,500 miles back home. There are quite a few threads already on this Forum talking about complete vehicle shutdowns in the first 1,000 miles or less. I am most worried about having to stay in some out state area for weeks while waiting for Jeep to fix or replace a part.
I had a new Liberty that blew a transmission, while on vacation...it took two months for Jeep to replace the trans. Luckily we were also driving a large RV...and ended up towing the Liberty with a disconnected drive shaft for 2,000 miles. This time I will be flying out to pick up the Rubi. I guess I could fly home while it sits somewhere waiting to be fixed.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Note to self: note all Jeep dealership locations from Vienna, VA (Koons) to home, just in case.;)

ieatcats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punkn JLUR
If I come from a state that has no sales tax, do I have to pay local sales tax if I but from a state that has sales tax? Basically, the question is if I'm in Oregon, should I only buy from Oregon dealers since we have no tax. It's temping to hop over to Idaho to buy from Dillion's if I don't have to pay sales tax.

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
If I come from a state that has no sales tax, do I have to pay local sales tax if I but from a state that has sales tax? Basically, the question is if I'm in Oregon, should I only buy from Oregon dealers since we have no tax. It's temping to hop over to Idaho to buy from Dillion's if I don't have to pay sales tax.
The dealer should take care of that aspect. When I purchased from Koon's, they charged me NY state tax. In your case, Dillon's should not charge you any tax since the vehicle is being registered in Oregon. They will be handling all of the DMV work for you regardless of which state you're coming from.
Sponsored