Sponsored

Buying off the lot.

hboftucaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUL, 2020 GMC 3500 AT4
Looking to buy a new 2020 off the lot, what if any TSB's should it have done to it ?
Sponsored

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
It is my understanding that a TSB is only for when a customer comes in with a complaint. The only things a dealer are required to do is any recalls that come out from FCA. Because this is a Service Bulletin and not a recall, any model owned by the dealer will probably not have any TSB's done to it. You will need to tell them to take care of the issue after purchasing.

OP
OP
hboftucaz

hboftucaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUL, 2020 GMC 3500 AT4
It is my understanding that a TSB is only for when a customer comes in with a complaint. The only things a dealer are required to do is any recalls that come out from FCA. Because this is a Service Bulletin and not a recall, any model owned by the dealer will probably not have any TSB's done to it. You will need to tell them to take care of the issue after purchasing.
Thanks for the reply and info.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
when i got my 07 grand cherokee new back in 07 i was checking it over and came across an issue with the power windows. the sales guy said we'll look into it. the next day to finalize the paper work, i handed a tsb on the window regulator and tension issues. the sales guy was happy to see that i had the papers for the problem and fix. he imidiatle handed it over to the senior mechanic to expidite the fix, plus checked for any other tsb or recall. by the time i finish the pper work, the jeep was ready to drive off the lot.

the best thing to do is to look up all issues, tsb and recalls. when you are at the dealer, mention it to them, show the printout and asks if the jeep falls into this catagory. they should be more than happy to bring it to the garage to check them out. if they are quick to say everything is inspected apon arrival, i'd be cautious. eitherway you have a 3/36 for any issues tht could come up. hopefully not.
Sponsored