OP
Whaler27

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Yeah, but...
This forum is all about educating buyers in the custom order. Buy off the lot if you can get more than 5% under invoice and you're impatient and they have EXACTLY what you want. Otherwise, just order from one of the many, many dealers who go 5-8% below invoice without haggling and sit back and plan your mods. I spent an hour at the dealer picking mine up, and more than half of that I was actually in the Jeep.
The days of "games" or strong-arming a salesperson with tough talk are rapidly ending, especially in the Jeep world. The factory order, specced to my desires and budget via email, is the only way I will ever buy a vehicle again.
This makes sense.

While traveling out east I saw a jeep dealer that had fewer than 30 vehicles in stock, and only a few were wranglers. The odds of finding exactly what you want with a tiny inventory like that are remote. It’s a little easier when when the dealer has 50 or 70 wranglers in stock, but if I buy another I may well do as you suggest anyway. It sounds just as easy, and I’m not in much of a hurry to do anything anymore — except retire. :like:
Sponsored

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
I just placed an order on Saturday for a JLUR392. I contacted in the neighborhood of 30 dealerships in my state and a half dozen of the recommended dealers from this forum. Most who responded back to me were selling for MSRP. Two responders agreed to honor my affiliate code for 1% below invoice. The first dealer had to back out due to not being able to order without an allocation. The second one placed my order the next morning with a $1K refundable deposit. This is much better than most who have posted here about buying for MSRP + $5-10K markup.

My point is, if you spend some time shopping around, and I’m only taking about a few hours, you can find the right deal for you!