Buying my first Wrangler (Price Advice)

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude Edition
I'm not sure if it varies per region, but the Costco program I tried to use in Ohio was a joke. The selected dealership couldn't stack the Tread Lightly 1% discount with the Costco discount--which was only 2% below invoice.

I ended up going with another dealership in Ohio who matched Criswell's pricing at the time, which was 5% below invoice (including Tread Lightly).
I didn't realize you could stack them. I'll have to really start digging.
Sponsored

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: I reached out to Koon in VA. This is the conversation:

ME: I am in the Market for a Jeep Wrangler. I live out of state but heard your team was excellent. I am committed to purchasing a vehicle granted I can find the right deal. Would we be able to facilitate most of this transaction via email/phone?

Koons: Perfect I would be more than happy to help. Have you picked a specific Jeep?

Me: No, but I would like something with advanced safety.

Koons: Let me send you some options
Koons: any color preference?
Koons: these are all the vehicles with advanced safety group

https://www.koonsjeep.com/new-inven...model=Wrangler&packages=Advanced Safety Group

Me: I have been looking at Sport s models with the package I am looking for. The best offer I have received is $43570. Is there anyway we can get to that price range?

Koons: the only sport S I have is a 2 door manual
Koons: and it does not have advanced safety group

Me: :Do we have any wiggle room on the sales price of one of the ones with the features I want?

Koons: We are a one price store, but I can assure my price will be extremely competitive, if not best.
----------------------------
How do I proceed from here? I was hoping a vehicle they had one the lot would be negotiable .

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Update: I reached out to Koon in VA. This is the conversation:

ME: I am in the Market for a Jeep Wrangler. I live out of state but heard your team was excellent. I am committed to purchasing a vehicle granted I can find the right deal. Would we be able to facilitate most of this transaction via email/phone?

Koons: Perfect I would be more than happy to help. Have you picked a specific Jeep?

Me: No, but I would like something with advanced safety.

Koons: Let me send you some options
Koons: any color preference?
Koons: these are all the vehicles with advanced safety group

https://www.koonsjeep.com/new-inventory/index.htm?make=Jeep&model=Wrangler&packages=Advanced Safety Group

Me: I have been looking at Sport s models with the package I am looking for. The best offer I have received is $43570. Is there anyway we can get to that price range?

Koons: the only sport S I have is a 2 door manual
Koons: and it does not have advanced safety group

Me: :Do we have any wiggle room on the sales price of one of the ones with the features I want?

Koons: We are a one price store, but I can assure my price will be extremely competitive, if not best.
----------------------------
How do I proceed from here? I was hoping a vehicle they had one the lot would be negotiable .
who did you talk to / email there?

Suggest you email [email protected] as you know you’ll get the straight story then.

You might just want to go on the Jeep website and build exactly what you want and ask them to order it.

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
who did you talk to / email there?

Suggest you email [email protected] as you know you’ll get the straight story then.

You might just want to go on the Jeep website and build exactly what you want and ask them to order it.
I talked to Mark. Should I email Craig directly? I have a pdf off Jeeps site I sent to the person I was talking to and they ghosted me lol.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I talked to Mark. Should I email Craig directly? I have a pdf off Jeeps site I sent to the person I was talking to and they ghosted me lol.
Yeah email him directly. He’s the guy I posted a link to earlier in the Recommended dealers thread Above. At least then you know you’ll get the straight story

Sponsored

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah email him directly. He’s the guy I posted a link to earlier in the Recommended dealers thread Above. At least then you know you’ll get the straight story
Okay I'll see what he can do for me. Thanks!

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Practically nobody will negotiate on their lot inventory right now, they don’t have to, the market is too hot. To get any substantial savings you’ll have to do a factory order.
I agree depending on my conversation with CraIg I'll probably wait a couple months.

JohnnyBoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JLUR
In my experience, it was also beneficial to tell the salesman that you were referred to them by this forum. When I was looking for a dealer to work with, I essentially got nowhere until I name dropped this forum. Their attitudes quickly changed and they were much more straight forward with their best pricing strategy...at least in terms of factory orders...not sure how they treat inventory on their lot. I find most of the salesmen in the recommended dealers section are fairly active on this forum, so they are familiar with what users on this forum are looking for in a deal. I also feel that they also think you are a more informed buyer than your regular Average Joe down the street, as this forum is a wealth of knowledge, so they are less likely to give you the runaround. In my search, I scoured the recommended dealers thread and contacted 3 different salesman at 3 different dealers...one of them being Koons. Your best contact there is Craig Benner. However, I ultimately ended up working with Leon Travis at Criswell.

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
In my experience, it was also beneficial to tell the salesman that you were referred to them by this forum. When I was looking for a dealer to work with, I essentially got nowhere until I name dropped this forum. Their attitudes quickly changed and they were much more straight forward with their best pricing strategy...at least in terms of factory orders...not sure how they treat inventory on their lot. I find most of the salesmen in the recommended dealers section are fairly active on this forum, so they are familiar with what users on this forum are looking for in a deal. I also feel that they also think you are a more informed buyer than your regular Average Joe down the street, as this forum is a wealth of knowledge, so they are less likely to give you the runaround. In my search, I scoured the recommended dealers thread and contacted 3 different salesman at 3 different dealers...one of them being Koons. Your best contact there is Craig Benner. However, I ultimately ended up working with Leon Travis at Criswell.
this is good advice. I visited a dealer to test drive since they had 10 on the lot (guess that should have been a red flag). I was talking about wanting to order a Jeep without the steel rear bumper because a lot of people get body damage when they are off roading. He looks and me and says “well, ya know, 80% of people that buy a Jeep never take them off road.” I explained to him I’ve been researching Jeep’s for a while and I know how I’m going to use my Jeep. And if I want/don’t want a certain option, it’s because I researched it thoroughly. A dealer that has experience with this forum is a lot more likely to not give you BS & not try to sell you something on their lot. They’ll order it exactly like you want it.

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far this is the best offer I received. They beat Koons sale price by $1200 but I didnt get tax, title. extra from Koons yet. What do you guys think off this offer?

jeep 8.PNG

Sponsored

Jsmeltz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Greeting everybody,

This is my first post here and was hoping for some guidance on buying my first Wrangler. I've owned Grand Cherokees and Cherokees now I think Its time to step it up.

I was in my local dealer this weekend and I was informed that they do not negotiate the MSRP of Wranglers. I don't know if that is something all dealers do but my only option to reduce the cost was with a higher down payment. I was wondering if anyone with more insight on purchasing Wranglers could tell me if the price offered to me was decent or if I should take my business elsewhere. I have attached all the information I was given by dealer.

The Wrangler was a JLU Sport S:

Automatic Transmission
Proximity key
Push to Start
Heated Seats
7 inch Screen
Trailer Hitch

Thank you in advance!

Jeep 4.jpg

jeep 3.jpeg
I just took delivery on a Sahara I had built the way I wanted it. MSRP was $47,450. I got it for $44,640. Of course I had to pay sales tax and documentation fees. But the $44,640 included the destination fees. Are you paying full price? They should always knock at least $2K off the total MSRP.....

dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WK2
Not sure how long you currently have to be a member but Tread Lightly offers 1% under invoice even on orders. Thats a good starting point.

YerMaun

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUS, '15 JGC SRT, '11 R8 V10, '05 Mustang GT
$40k+ for a JLUS? Every time I see folks posting the prices of new Jeeps, makes me think I should go see what I could get to trade mine in :LOL: I paid $27k for a brand new 2018 JLUS (plus tax), off the dealer lot in Dec'18 - are discounts like that not around any more? I do love it tho, would only trade for another!
Anyway good luck with your purchase, enjoy the car :like:

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
So far this is the best offer I received. They beat Koons sale price by $1200 but I didnt get tax, title. extra from Koons yet. What do you guys think off this offer?

Jeep Wrangler JL Buying my first Wrangler (Price Advice) jeep 8.PNG
What is the MRSP or Model/options this price includes?

Cat Ebeling

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL Unlimited
Greeting everybody,

This is my first post here and was hoping for some guidance on buying my first Wrangler. I've owned Grand Cherokees and Cherokees now I think Its time to step it up.

I was in my local dealer this weekend and I was informed that they do not negotiate the MSRP of Wranglers. I don't know if that is something all dealers do but my only option to reduce the cost was with a higher down payment. I was wondering if anyone with more insight on purchasing Wranglers could tell me if the price offered to me was decent or if I should take my business elsewhere. I have attached all the information I was given by dealer.

The Wrangler was a JLU Sport S:

Automatic Transmission
Proximity key
Push to Start
Heated Seats
7 inch Screen
Trailer Hitch

Thank you in advance!

Jeep 4.jpg

jeep 3.jpeg
I was lucky enough to find last December '20, a 2018 JL Sport with only 13k miles on it, electronic start, partial hybrid, hard top, Rubicon wheels/tire upgrade, Iron Cross winch bumper, backup cam, automatic transmission, 2.0 Turbo (awesome), and it's Mojito green! It was $32k perfect showroom condition. I love it!
Sponsored