Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR (aka Juno) - Hydro Blue
Hi all,
New to the group and just wanted to share my experience (so far) with Jeep.
So, I come from a military family. My Dad was a RAAF Radio Tech, and Mum was infantry in the Malaysian Army.
I went to the RAAF school in Butterworth/Penang from 1984 to 1988 and I vividly remember scooting around the base on Jeeps as a child.
I've pretty much wanted one ever since then. I've watched the Wrangler evolve over the years, I've listened to pretty much everyone telling me they're unreliable, fuel guzzling, rough as guts vehicles. But anyone who loves them knows that Wrangler lovers just don't care. We want them because they're COOL. For me, just looking at one brings a feeling of nostalgia that only a RAAF Brat could understand.

As a single income household, I've always made the "responsible" decision when it came to cars. But, this year I decided to go ahead and spoil myself. I've always LOVED the Wrangler Rubicon, but really wanted a 2 door, so in Feb, I ordered a 2 door Overland and patiently waited for what I was originally told was an April build.

All the while, my colleagues have been giving me crap about it ever since they got wind of my order. They've been keeping up with the chips delays and all else more than I have. Then, a couple of weeks ago my local dealership called and told me that the Jeep US informed them of a stop on production of 2 doors. UGH.

So, I upgraded and now I'm pretending to patiently wait for my Wrangler Rubicon with all the bells and whistles. It's scheduled for September/October delivery, but I'm not holding my breath.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
Its worth the wait! I too waited my whole life for a jeep and when I bought it I knew exactly what I wanted and I ordered it. I too like the 2 door and I dont need the space because my kids are grown. The time will go fast

coupedncal

First Name
CoupednCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking at Jeeps
I imagine one can find an upside to this .. you will surely get a '22 model year build.

:like:

griffinm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Awesome story. Your wait will be worth it and youā€™re going to love your new Jeep when it finally arrives.

Sponsored

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
But the question we are all asking is... what color did you choose!?

Also, don't pay attention to people who have never owned a Jeep or at least driven one lately. To me the best way to overcome their lack of confidence in a Jeep is to go do stuff with it and take pictures of it doing stuff they wished their vehicles could do.

OP
OP
Wonder

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But the question we are all asking is... what color did you choose!?

Also, don't pay attention to people who have never owned a Jeep or at least driven one lately. To me the best way to overcome their lack of confidence in a Jeep is to go do stuff with it and take pictures of it doing stuff they wished their vehicles could do.
Being my dream car I had to go with Hydro Blue šŸ˜Š

OP
OP
Wonder

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck and welcome to the family. Weā€™re here for moral support while you impatiently wait!
Thank you, Iā€™m going to need it! On the plus side, I have plenty of time to put more $$ aside šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
Wonder

Wonder

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I imagine one can find an upside to this .. you will surely get a '22 model year build.

:like:
Didnā€™tvtgey just announce that theyā€™re only building electric hybrids from ā€˜22 onward?
I donā€™t want electric šŸ˜­

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Didnā€™tvtgey just announce that theyā€™re only building electric hybrids from ā€˜22 onward?
I donā€™t want electric šŸ˜­
Nope. They only just started building hybrids. They still have the 2.0 4 cylinder, the 3.6 mild hybrid (the BSG engine), the diesel and now the 392 V8. All good ole ICEs.

Sponsored

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
Hi all,
New to the group and just wanted to share my experience (so far) with Jeep.
So, I come from a military family. My Dad was a RAAF Radio Tech, and Mum was infantry in the Malaysian Army.
I went to the RAAF school in Butterworth/Penang from 1984 to 1988 and I vividly remember scooting around the base on Jeeps as a child.
I've pretty much wanted one ever since then. I've watched the Wrangler evolve over the years, I've listened to pretty much everyone telling me they're unreliable, fuel guzzling, rough as guts vehicles. But anyone who loves them knows that Wrangler lovers just don't care. We want them because they're COOL. For me, just looking at one brings a feeling of nostalgia that only a RAAF Brat could understand.

As a single income household, I've always made the "responsible" decision when it came to cars. But, this year I decided to go ahead and spoil myself. I've always LOVED the Wrangler Rubicon, but really wanted a 2 door, so in Feb, I ordered a 2 door Overland and patiently waited for what I was originally told was an April build.

All the while, my colleagues have been giving me crap about it ever since they got wind of my order. They've been keeping up with the chips delays and all else more than I have. Then, a couple of weeks ago my local dealership called and told me that the Jeep US informed them of a stop on production of 2 doors. UGH.

So, now I'm pretending to patiently wait for my Wrangler Rubicon with all the bells and whistles. It's scheduled for September/October delivery, but I'm not holding my breath.

I hope you find it everything you dreamed of and more. Seems I waited a long time to get mine. I actually got it sooner than planned. Spend your waiting time looking for places to go so you won't waist any time. :like:

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Good for you!! You are going to have a blast with your Jeep. I donā€™t know whatā€™s more fun, driving it around or adding modifications.
Either way itā€™s a blast to own. Congrats!!!! :rock:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats. I was always a Ram owner but wild hair took me to my first Jeep. I ordered my second one a Rubicon Jan. 11th and she came in on Feb 26th. So now hook as a Jeeper.

Hope the time goes fast for you !!!! :jk: :fingerscrossed:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Yea unfortunately even the folks from Canada have outrageously long waits for their Jeeps. I agree with the others that the wait is worth it. Itā€™s got all the comfort of a luxury car and when the time comes and you remove that roof and doors it becomes the biggest toy youā€™ve ever owned.
Congratulations and donā€™t worry, time goes so fast....and welcome to a great forum.