Buying my first jeep

Dre

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Hi everyone. I found the Jeep I’ve been looking for on the lot in a dealership. I’m so excited. Have to get it next week when I come back with the car we are trading in. Please tell me what are must haves on the Jeep? Like add ons. I’m getting a 2021 Sahara unlimited high altitude in granite crystal metallic. I’m super excited. Should I make it more ‘girlie’ somehow? My first Jeep!
Jeep Wrangler JL Buying my first jeep 9F935561-429A-44CE-A761-AC3B07A6D4B1
Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone. I found the Jeep I’ve been looking for on the lot in a dealership. I’m so excited. Have to get it next week when I come back with the car we are trading in. Please tell me what are must haves on the Jeep? Like add ons. I’m getting a 2021 Sahara unlimited high altitude in granite crystal metallic. I’m super excited. Should I make it more ‘girlie’ somehow? My first Jeep!
9F935561-429A-44CE-A761-AC3B07A6D4B1.jpeg
Welcome, and congrats on getting your first Jeep!

For mods, it kinda depends on what you wanna do with your JL going forward. Most common first mods are the easier and convenient things like door sills, floor mats, phone holders, etc. In general though, I'd recommend driving it for a while and finding out what you think you need, both from a personalization perspective as well as wheeling. Great thing about Jeeps, you can really make it your own!

OP
OP

Dre

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Welcome, and congrats on getting your first Jeep!

For mods, it kinda depends on what you wanna do with your JL going forward. Most common first mods are the easier and convenient things like door sills, floor mats, phone holders, etc. In general though, I'd recommend driving it for a while and finding out what you think you need, both from a personalization perspective as well as wheeling. Great thing about Jeeps, you can really make it your own!
Thank you so much for your response.. We rented a wrangler last year while on vacation. I remember that when it rained, it poured into the car when opened the doors to get out/in. Is that common or do I really need the door sills? Where do you buy any mods from anyway? Is it the dealership?

Thanks

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much for your response.. We rented a wrangler last year while on vacation. I remember that when it rained, it poured into the car when opened the doors to get out/in. Is that common or do I really need the door sills? Where do you buy any mods from anyway? Is it the dealership?

Thanks
Can't help you too much with the rain question, I live in Arizona and rain...well, its not so much of a thing here for us and I don't have sills on mine. For my mods, they've come from a variety of places. I have more things from Quadratec than anywhere else but I have also ordered from Northridge 4x4 a decent amount and both have forum discounts. Other options are to order directly from manufactuers and I did that for both my rear bumper and my spare tire delete plate. Some stuff can also be gotten from amazon as well.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S

Thanks
The rain coming in when you open the doors is really one of those "Jeep things." They all do it. There are some threads here about add-ons to avoid it, but I just accept it.

The door sill guards are to protect the painted area at the base of the door when you step in and out.

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I also rented a Wrangler on vacation and decided I needed one when I got back. Picked up a 2 door sport S last month. Definetly start with the simple stuff first like JJsix suggested. As you use it more and see what other people have done, you will definetly get ideas. Also, don't want to risk doing anything to void your warranty until you've put it thru its paces.

OP
OP

Dre

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
The rain coming in when you open the doors is really one of those "Jeep things." They all do it. There are some threads here about add-ons to avoid it, but I just accept it.

The door sill guards are to protect the painted area at the base of the door when you step in and out.
Thank you so much for letting me know. Do the Jeep car mats come with carpet or vinyl ones?

OP
OP

Dre

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
I also rented a Wrangler on vacation and decided I needed one when I got back. Picked up a 2 door sport S last month. Definetly start with the simple stuff first like JJsix suggested. As you use it more and see what other people have done, you will definetly get ideas. Also, don't want to risk doing anything to void your warranty until you've put it thru its paces.
Thanks Dan!
I’m from NY and we get our share of all seasons. I rented it in Panama City fla and drove to NOLA. It didn’t just rain! It was like a monsoon!! I’m so excited to get this car. I will certainly follow everyone’s suggestions.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Congrats on getting your first Jeep! My 2018 is my first Jeep. I'd say there are no must haves. I'd say drive it like it is, surf this site and see what you see on Jeeps in person and decide what you like. You asked about floor mats, I think they come with carpet mats stock and optional all weather mats. Mine had the optional Mopar All Weather mats and I really like them. Most of all have fun and don't let anyone tell you how your Jeep should look!

OP
OP

Dre

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Congrats on getting your first Jeep! My 2018 is my first Jeep. I'd say there are no must haves. I'd say drive it like it is, surf this site and see what you see on Jeeps in person and decide what you like. You asked about floor mats, I think they come with carpet mats stock and optional all weather mats. Mine had the optional Mopar All Weather mats and I really like them. Most of all have fun and don't let anyone tell you how your Jeep should look!
Thanks for the great advice.. I would assume you are enjoying your Jeep Wrangler. I will ask the dealer when I pick it up about the all weather mats. I'll see what's there when I get it.

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the great advice.. I would assume you are enjoying your Jeep Wrangler. I will ask the dealer when I pick it up about the all weather mats. I'll see what's there when I get it.
You might want to look for those Mopar floor mats (retail $165) on Amazon ($115).

Reactions: Dre

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I am enjoying it. It's been great so far.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Congrats on joining the club Andrea, you'll be having too much fun in that nice Jeep!
Plenty of fun things you can do that won't cost much from different accent pieces to hood & window stickers. Like mentioned prior, just chill in it for awhile and see where that takes you :)
Just stay away from angry bird grills and 24" wheels lol :)